Part 38

Year 7: Holidays at the Burrow

***

When Athena steps into Grimmauld Palace, it doesn't take long for her to be completely ambushed.

"Athena!" George shouts, tackling the girl into a hug. "I was beginning to wonder when you and Hermione would get here," He says, his voice slightly muffled as his mouth was pressed to her head. The girl giggles slightly at her best friend's affection, before looking up at him.

"I missed you too George," She says, "Where's Fred?" She asks, looking around the room to find her boyfriend was nowhere to be seen. 

George scoffs dramatically, putting a hand to his heart, "I am sincerely offended right now! Here I am thinking you'd be happy to see me, but all you want is my ickle brother!" He shouts dramatically, causing Athena to roll her eyes and push him back jokingly. 

"That's because I'm far more attractive, Georgie." A voice from behind the two says, making a wide smile and giddy feeling appear in Athena's stomach when she turns around and meets eyes with Fred.  

"Fred!" Athena exclaims, throwing herself into his chest and wrapping her arms around his middle.

Despite not being able to see his face, Athena could feel that signature Weasley smile from above her. "I missed you, love," Fred says, pressing a kiss to her hairline. Athena pulls away and looks up at him, a worried look on her face, "How is your dad?" She asks softly, causing his jaw to clench- it seemed his father was still a sore spot to talk about, "He's alright- he came back from St. Mungos a couple of days ago and even though he's not in the best condition- he's alive and that's more than what we can ask for." 

Athena frowns slightly, a guilty feeling clouding over her. She puts her hand over Fred's, "I hate that I wasn't there,"---"I should have been," She says quietly, not making eye contact with her boyfriend. Fred squeezes her hand, causing her to look up at him, but she notices he doesn't seem angry at all. 

"Athena- don't for one second think any of this was your fault. Everyone was outraged that you weren't here." 

"It's true," A new voice coming from the doorframe says. 

Athena looks up to find her brother leaning on the side of the door frame, her eyes light up at the sight of him- but her happiness is soon replaced with anger, "I'm going to kill you! You know that?" She exclaims,  causing Harry's previous expressions to drop and his eyes widen in fear. He chuckles nervously, "What a wonderful way of saying hi," He jokes. 

"How long have you been having visions for?" She asks sharply, causing Fred to shuffle his feet at his girlfriend's stern tone, suddenly feeling out of place. "Erm- this seems like a conversation I shouldn't be here for." He says quickly, exiting the room and leaving the two Potter siblings in it.