Part 36

Year 7: Goodbye Quidditch 

***

"Banned?!" Angelina shrieks, a panicked look on her face as she paces around the common room. "Banned..." Athena slowly confirms, afraid of facing the upcoming wrath of Angelina Johnson. "What am I going to do?!" She exclaims, "No seeker, no beaters, and I lost one of my chasers too!" She cries out. 

"Honestly, I don't even know why Athena was banned, she didn't even do anything- we were all there to prove it too," Katie says, still slightly confused as to why the girl was grouped with the three boys who had fought Malfoy. 

And while that was true, Athena hadn't caused any physical damage, she was the reason Fred- and ultimately Harry and George lost their temper and began to beat up Malfoy. That fact alone gave Umbridge a "good" enough reason to ban her alongside the three of them, much to McGonagall's and the team's protest.

"I hate Umbridge," Athena mutters, leaning her head onto Fred's shoulder. 

She glances up to the freckled face boy, noticing he'd been eerly quiet since they'd gotten back to the common room. After they had gotten banned, he couldn't stop shouting in the hallways, but now that they were back in the common room, Fred had become quiet, and Athena couldn't help but feel bad for her boyfriend. 

She knew the only reason he even wanted to come back to Hogwarts in the first place was for two things; Quidditch, and his friends. But with Umbridge around, it was like those two things had been taken away from him. 

Athena places her hand over Fred's, intertwining their fingers, smiling softly at how perfect they fit. 

"Are you okay, Freddie?" She asks calmly, afraid that if she spoke in a different tone he'd respond roughly. "I just hate it," He admits, "I hate Umbridge, she's ruining everything. What am I going to do without Quidditch?" He sighs, seeming hopeless. 

"Well on the bright side, you and George have more time to work on your products for the joke shop," Athena says, attemping to cheer the Weasley up. "She's right, we finally have enough time to fix our nosebleed nougats now!" George exclaims from behind the couple. 

Athena had noticed that George was in a much better state than his twin, while he was still extremely upset about being banned, he attempted to look on the positive side of this all, which was more than Fred could say. 

George's words seemed to cheer up Fred because for the first time since coming back to the common room there was a smile spread across his face. 

***

Dear Athena, 

I was so happy when I saw a letter from you. I miss you too! It sucks that we didn't get to say bye to each other last year- but I know you were upset about your friend Cedric- I'd be the same way if that happened to a close friend of mine.