Part 22

Year 6: Where is Athena?

***

Nearly a month had passed since the Yule Ball, and with the second task nearing; Athena was more anxious than ever. She'd been worried for Cedric and Harry, but luckily Cedric had managed to figure out the clue for the second task, and he'd spread the message to Harry which made Athena relieved to hear. 

The girl was currently sitting with her brother and his friends, helping him with his second task. Athena was quite surprised to figure out that Hermione and Ron were on speaking terms once again, as the girl had been so upset at the Yule Ball- Athena honestly thought it was going to be another Scabbers and Crookshanks situation. 

"If you four don't mind, I would like Ms. Granger and Ms. Potter," a voice from behind the four, turning around to have it be Professor McGonagall.

Harry and Hermione share a nervous glance before standing up, however, Professor McGonagall stops Harry, "No Mr. Potter, I believe you heard incorrectly, it is your sister I am asking for."

Athena's eyebrows furrow in shock, the only time she was ever in trouble was when she would do something with Fred and George. Was this some prank of theirs? How in Merlin's name did they get McGonagall in on it?

Nonetheless, Hermione and Athena followed the Transfiguration Professor into her classroom, the two being greeted by Isabella and Fleur's younger sister Gabrielle- the two seemed to be just as confused as to why they were there. 

"I'm sure you four are confused as to why you are here," McGonagall says, everyone nodding in response and looking at one another. "The four of you are here today regarding the Tri-Wizard tournament, as you four know the second task is coming up and each one of you is one of the champions' treasure."

Athena raises an eyebrow at the Professor's words, "Ms. Potter, Mr. Potter will be your champion, Ms. Granger, Mr. Krum, Ms. Ridley with Mr. Diggory, and Ms. Delcour with Ms. Delcour." 

These were the last words heard before everyone's vision began to get foggy.

***

Fred's POV:

"Hey, George?" Fred asks, "Yeah, Freddie?" George responds, looking through his bag for his Herbology homework- not bothering to look up. "Have you seen Athena?" Fred asks, causing George to snicker slightly, before turning around to face his twin- realizing his face was completely serious. 

"Wait- really?" The twin asks, sounding like he's in disbelief. Fred nods sheepishly, "Erm- I'm not sure, haven't seen her since dinner last night. I heard she went to the library with Harry, Ron, and Hermione but no one has heard from her since."