Part 57

I love your daughter. 

***

***

Remus Lupin had expected a lot of things that silent, spring morning, however, what he did not expect was to have Fred Weasley wake him up by knocking at his door at six-thirty in the morning.

"Fred?" The man asks, opening the door as he spoke. His eyes were squinted at the redhead in front of him; he'd only woken up moments before, and the fact was clear to anyone who saw him. 

Fred looked at the complete opposite of Remus, who was tired and practically still asleep. The Weasley was wide awake, dressed up in a suit, and ready for work. Which made Fred look at Remus sheepishly, realizing that coming at this time wasn't the best choice, as not everyone was awake at this hour; while he had to be awake to open up Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes with George. 

"Oh, Sorry, Lupin. Did I wake you?" Fred asks, feeling slightly guilty of the fact. 

The sandy-haired man shakes his head no, not wanting Fred to feel bad; he was planning on waking up soon anyway. He gestured to Fred to come inside, in which the Weasley gladly took in the offer. 

Fred walked inside the house, recognizing the familiar but depressing walls of Grimmuald place, although it had seemed to liven up a bit since Remus and Sirius had moved into it. As Fred observed the home, Remus began to speak, "Er, no offense Fred, but why are you here?" He asks. 

Ever since Athena had moved out of Grimmuald Place and into the flat, she would visit Remus and Sirius as much as possible, and would often bring Fred along with her. In fact, they would come as often as they could. However, for Fred to come by himself, that was rare. 

In fact, it had actually never happened before at all. 

Fred slips his hands into his pockets, rocking back and forth on his feet as he felt his heart begin to race. Everything he was about to do suddenly began to feel more real. "Well, I actually came here to talk to you and Sirius." He says, "There's something I want to tell you guys," He continues, his words making Remus smirk- although Fred hadn't noticed. 

"Of course," Remus says kindly, "Sirius is in the kitchen, let's talk there?" He asks, and when Fred nods, Remus leads them to the kitchen, a comment is made from Kreacher about the two as they walked through the daunting halls of the Noble House of Black. 

When Remus opened the kitchen door, it revealed a happily wide-awake Sirius, clearly showing who was the morning person between him and Remus. The man was drinking his tea, casually flipping through pages of The Quibbler.

Remus clears his throat, catching the attention of the man in front of him while doing so, "Pads, Fred is here." Remus says, his eyebrow-raising slightly while he spoke, almost as if he was insinuating something to Sirius; not that Fred could understand what.