Part 61

Mission

***

"I'm leaving!" Athena shouted, grabbing her keys and her coat, giving a quick wave to Fred and George as they prepared themselves for work.

Normally, Fred and George would be long out of the house and down at Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes before Athena was even awake. However, Tonks had suggested the two come to Auror training earlier today, as there was a lot the two would be covering.

"See you later, love!" Fred called out, while George said, "Be safe!" At the same time.

Athena gave the two boys one last smile before exiting their flat, closing her eyes and aparating not long after. Athena often refrained from apartating in front of people- especially because she was horrible at it, and doing it in front of people just made her all the more anxious.

"There you are!" A booming voice shouted, causing Athena's eyes to snap open.

The girl looked around, greeting Tonks with a smile, assuming that she was the one calling to her. She noticed the two of them happened to be at the entrance of the Ministry of Magic, and Athena found it strange to be there so early. The place was close to empty, the few people inside only being employees, and even then, many had still not arrived.

"I'm surprised you managed to come on time," Tonks joked, making Athena narrow her eyes teasingly. Athena, since joining the Auror program, had managed to gain the reputation of being the tardy student out of everyone in her program. It was a reputation that Athena wished she hadn't earned, but for the most part, Tonks was quite okay with her showing up late.

Tonks proceeds to pull out her I.D card, swiping it and allowing both her and Athena to get inside. "Well, we're going to have our hands full today, Thena." She says, making Athena furrow her eyebrows. "With what?" She asks, growing curious.

"Moody wants the both of us on a mission for the Order," She says, making Athena gape. "Really?!" She exclaims excitedly, "But he never lets a trainee in on Auror missions!" She exclaims.

Tonks chuckles at Athena's giddiness, "I said Order business, not Auror. You attend all the meetings, and unlike many members- you have enough training where you can go to a mission and come back alive." She says, "Or at least that's what Moody said when he told me." The Auror tripping slightly while she spoke.

"So what's the mission?" Athena asks, walking with Tonks as they get to one of the many Auror training rooms inside the building. "He wants the two of us to go undercover in Diagon Ally- apparently loads of Death Eaters have been taking over there because it hasn't been as busy as usual."

Athena's heart stopped at Tonks' words. As not only was Diagon Ally where Fred and George worked but was also where the three of them lived. Shivers ran up her spine, not wanting to imagine the idea of death eaters being in such close proximity to her boyfriend and best friend.