Part 15

Year 6: Welcome back 

***

Platform 9 3/4 was busier than ever when Athena and the rest ran through it, the same giddy feeling appearing in her stomach as her eyes met the Hogwarts express. 

No matter how many years the Gryffindor had gone to Hogwarts, the excitement would never die down for her. 

She sighs, looking down and realizing that she still needs to push her trolly for another ten minutes, each year it seemed like Athena forgot how heavy her stuff is. "Need help?" George offers, "Please," Athena begs, looking at the boy with desperate eyes. The boy sends her a cheeky grin, before beginning to push her trolly alongside his. 

"You know Freddie, this should be your job!" George calls out, as he heads into the train. Athena scoffs, rolling her eyes while Fred turns red, "I mean, you should really help her out- with you being her boyfriend-" Now Athena turned red, quickly slapping a hand over George's mouth before he could embarrass her any longer, "Shut up you git! Now, I'm going to go meet up with Elliot, Cedric, and Isabella. I assume you guys are gonna meet up with Lee?" She asks, earning an 'as always' from Fred and a nod from George. 

"Okay, see you at Hogwarts then, boys." She says, waving goodbye to the two of them before walking off. 

A smile comes across Athena's face as she thinks about her friends, and how much she'd missed them over the summer. It was no secret that the four are practically joined by the hip during the school year, so being far away for so long, feels strange. 

To be fair, Athena had no clue what she'd do without the three of them. They were all so different, yet such a tightly-knit group. 

The funny part of it all, was that they'd all refused their friendship at first; and by "they", it was Elliot. 

The boy had quickly fallen into Slytherin's stereotypical standards in their first year, especially about how it's looked down upon for being friends with people from other houses. So his logic was, "A Ravenclaw? Yeah, you're fine. But a Gryffindor, a Hufflepuff- no offense Cedric, not bloody likely." 

But it didn't take long for him to give up, realizing that there was no point in fighting their differences, as it turned out the four got along pretty well when he gave them the chance. It was something that took them all by surprise, as it wasn't every day when one of the closest groups in Hogwarts is a Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and a Gryffindor. 

But by the time our second year arrived, the four could have cared less about their houses. 

***

"There you guys are!" Athena exclaimed, finally finding her friends in a compartment near the Prefects. 

Athena smiles when she finds Isabella snuggled under Cedric's arm, "Glad to see this is still happening," She says, taking the seat next to Elliot as she spoke. Cedric raises an eyebrow, "What do you mean still? It's been like two weeks since you've seen us." The Hufflepuff says, sounding slightly offended.