Part 20

Year 6: Heartbreak Weather

***

Ever since Fred had asked Angelina, Athena avoided him. 

Everyone was surprised when news hit that he had asked her to the ball, including Angelina herself, as the minute she got inside the common room, she said to Athena, "I swear Athena, I thought he was going to ask you, but-" However, the girl wasn't in the mood to hear what she had to say.

Athena was currently complaining to her friends about still being dateless, giving herself a mental smack on the head for saying no to the boys who had asked her earlier. 

"I mean, Zacharias Smith from Hufflepuff asked me," This revelation earning a surprised look from Cedric, considering the two are friends and Cedric had no idea. "Lee had also offered to go with me, but now he's going with Alicia. I should have said yes, I reckon that going with Lee would've been fun." Athena says, her tone upset that she hadn't taken up her friend's offer sooner. 

"You know, you could also go with me," Elliot offers, "Aren't you going with Illiana Greengrass?" The Gryffindor asks. 

Elliot chuckles, "I am, but for you, love? Anything," He says, sending a wink her way. Athena laughs, shaking her head and smiling at her friend's sweetness, "As much as I appreciate the offer Ellie, I'd feel terrible if you dropped Illiana for me- she's actually quite sweet." 

That was true, out of the three Greengrass sisters, Illiana was by far the nicest one. Athena and she had worked together a couple of times in Transfiguration,  her sister Daphne is horrid according to Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and Astoria is just a shy second-year according to Ginny. 

***

"Potions is miserable," Athena complains, leaning into George's side. 

Unlike Fred, these two had been speaking like normal. The girl would normally make an excuse once Fred would arrive, luckily George would never push Athena to stay- as he was upset with his brother for not asking her as well. 

"You know, my brother hasn't taken his eyes off of you since we got to class," George whispers in Athena's ear, his words making her eyes go wide. 

Turning around, her eyes meet Fred, and he actually is- to her surprise. 

But she can't help but notice the hint of sadness behind them. 

Snape clears this throat from behind Athena and George,"Separate yourself from Mr. Weasley, Ms. Potter." Snape grits through his teeth. The Potter groans quietly, lifting herself up from the boy, "Better luck next time," George jokes, earning a small laugh from the girl.