Part 16

Year 6: New Friend

New Character Alert! 

Introducing Timothee Chalamet as Ryker Adams

***

With the rumors going around about who was planning to sign up for the Tournament, and with the new arrival of Beauxbatons and Durmastrang at Hogwarts, the excitement for the tournament was higher than ever. 

Athena digs into her cereal, listening to bits and pieces of her friends' conversation about the tournament, although she hadn't spoken a word. "What about you Athena, know anyone who's entering?" Ron asks the girl, bringing her into the conversation. She shakes her head, "Other than Ange here, and your two dumbasses of a brother, I haven't." She says, before digging back into her cereal. 

"Where even are they?" Alicia asks, pointing to the two empty spots where Fred and George would normally sit. Athena laughs, "Trying to make an aging potion- they begged Isabella or Hermione to help them but they both refused. I guarantee you it'll blow up in their faces." 

After that, everyone continues to eat- not talking much as everyone was anxious to hear the results of who would the Hogwarts champion, that was until Angelina broke the silence. "You haven't heard anything about Cedric, have you, Athena?" She asks her question causing Athena to tilt her head in confusion.

"He's going to enter himself in the competition," Angelina says casually, before turning back to Alicia and Katie- continuing their conversation. 

The girl launches up from her seat, glaring at the Hufflepuff table where Cedric was chatting happily with his friends, "I'm going to kill him!" Athena exclaims, marching towards the boy. 

Once she gets to the Hufflepuff table, she heads straight for Cedric- who was in the middle of a conversation, but frankly, Athena didn't care. "You! I swear I could kill you right now!" She threatens, her eyebrows furrowed and face fuming, Cedric looks at his friend sheepishly- before Athena cuts him off, not giving the Hufflepuff a chance to even open his mouth.

"When did you plan on telling me you're entering the competition?" She asks, crossing her arms. "Erm- right now?" He says, his voice getting higher as the sentence progresses. 

Athena scoffs, "So first, you don't tell me you asked out Isabella, or that you planned to at all-or that you even liked her!" She exclaims, "And then, you don't tell me about this. What! Is this part where friends tell each other things suddenly not there anymore or are we just not friends this year?" She spits out, her voice sounding hurt. 

Deep down, Athena knew this was such a ridiculous thing to be upset about, but Cedric was the first friend she made at Hogwarts, and he'd been a brother to her for as long as she could remember, and Athena hated that ever since she came back to Hogwarts they'd barely spoken, especially when the two used to tell each other everything.