Part 8

Year 5: Hogsmead

***

The winter air was crispy and cold- just like Athena liked it, she'd been walking with Fred and George to Hogsmead, late- as usual, until she'd come across a particular pair of footsteps. 

Footsteps she knew far too well.

"Get him, boys?" Athena asks, looking at Fred and George. The two boys link arms with the figure, dragging him away with Athena not far behind them. "Clever Harry!" The boys begin, "But not clever enough!" Athena chimes in, "Besides little brother, we've got a better way, how do you think I've sneaked into Hogsmead all year?" She asks, a wide smirk appearing on her face. 

George and Fred let go of Harry once there is a more private area, "Now Harry, come and join the big boys," They say in unison, Athena clearing her throat, "Erm- and the big girl!" George says quickly, causing Athena to chuckle. 

"What are you doing!" Harry exclaims angrily at the trio. Athena smiles, looking down at her hand- which held the secret to Fred and George's success. They had let her in on the Mauraders map back in their third year when she wasn't allowed to go to Hogsmead much like Harry, she and Lee are the only other people aware of it. 

Athena hands Harry the map, smiling proudly, however he looks at the map confused, before looking up at the three of them once again. "What's this rubbish?" He asks, clearly annoyed at them. 

"What's this rubbish, he says," Fred jokes, looking over at George and Athena. He turns back to the youngest Potter, "That there, is the secret to our success." He announces proudly, "It's a wrench giving it to you to, believe us," Athena says, "But we've decided your needs are greater than ours, boys if you will? 

The two of them pull out their wands, pointing it at the map, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." 

As the words leave their mouths, the parchment begins to transform, a wide smile appearing on Athena's face as the map never seemed to fail to impress her- no matter how many times she'd used it. 

"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs are proud to present the Marauders map," Harry says, looking up at the fifth year confused. "We owe them so much," George says, "So you mean this map shows everyone?!" Harry exclaims. 

"Everyone-" George begins, "Where they are" Athena continues, "What they're doing" Fred adds, "Of every day!" Harry looks at the three of us amazed, "Brilliant! Where'd you get it!" 

George and Fred smirk, "George and I nicked it from Filch's office of course! Our first year," Harry then glances at his sister, "How do you know about it then?" Athena's lips curl upwards, "Well you see, when the Dursleys refused to sign my form- just like you, They showed me the map, and that's how I'm able to go to Hogsmead each time. Through a secret passageway. I think McGonagall and Dumbledore caught on but they like to turn a blind eye and pretend they don't"