Part 17

Year 6: The Goblet of Fire

***

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore shouts.

Athena stands there motionless, hearing her younger brother's name get called out for the tournament, hearing the whispers of students around her. "Well go on Harry," She hears Hermione whisper shout, pushing the boy towards Dumbledore.

A million thoughts rush through her head, thinking about Fleur, Viktor, Cedric- and how this would affect them, as they'd all entered themselves into this, they're of age. 

Harry is fourteen, and there was no way Athena would believe he'd actually entered himself in this. He thought it was just as dangerous as she did. Plus he'd gone through so much in his life, Athena actually believed he'd enjoy a year where he's not in the spotlight. 

A hand goes on the Gryffindor's shoulder, "Are you okay?" Isabella asks, looking at her friend with concern. Athena nods slightly, despite not actually being okay- she didn't want her friend to worry. From behind her, she hears Fred, Ron, and George whisper about Harry, their words coming out with such anger and jealousy that it makes Athena's blood boil- knowing it wasn't her brother's choice.

"Shut up!" She snaps, causing the three boys to look at her wide-eyed, it wasn't often when the girl would lose her temper. "It's not like Harry wanted to be chosen, so shut it!" She spits out, her words coming out venomously. George is the first face to soften, realizing that the girl was probably right, while Fred and Ron remained angry, "Athena I-" George begins, "I don't want to hear it." She says roughly, turning her head away from the three. 

The constants were getting taken to a separate room to be given further instructions, everyone else was told to go back to their common rooms- but Athena stayed, she had to talk to Dumbledore- she needed to. 

Running up to the headmaster, she chews her lip nervously, "Dumbledore?" She asks, "What's happening? Why was Harry chosen?" She says, looking around at the secretive professors- who all seemed to be in a panic. The Headmaster ignores Athena, heading to the champions themselves. Professor McGonagall puts a reassuring arm on her shoulder, "I am so sorry Ms. Potter, but unfortunately there is not much information that can be given to you right now. It is not every day that something like this happens." 

And with that, she heads out to join the rest of the teachers.

***

As Athena walks into the common room- tired and annoyed, she watches as everyone rushes hurriedly to plan a party for her brother. She scoffs, knowing it's the last thing Harry would want, she gives her house one final look, before heading upstairs to her dorm. 

"Are you alright?" A voice from behind her calls. 

Athena turns around, her eyes meeting Fred's, "You've been ignoring me for nearly three weeks, now you think it's the time to talk to me?" She asks harshly. 

The girl was right, and Fred felt guilty for it- ever since the arrival of Beauxbatons and Durmastrang, Fred had been ignoring her. He'd spent nearly all his time with, George, Lee, or Angelina- much to Athena's surprise. And every time she'd go near them, Fred would make an excuse to leave. Athena wouldn't buy it- especially since it was something so unlike Fred, but she decided to let it go- spending most of her time with Cedric, Isabella, and Elliot, or Ryker, we've grown rather close recently. 

She gives the Weasley one last look, before turning around to go back upstairs- but Fred had other plans, he grabs her wrist, pulling her towards him. Athena's breath hitches when she realizes how close the two are- mere centimeters between the two, their noses touching. Fred notice as well- his heart begins to race, and his palms sweat, he lets go of the girl, dropping her wrist and he clears his throat, allowing space between the two. 

"I'm sorry," He says sheepishly, "I've been a git," He continues, the girl purses her lips, "Yeah. You have." 

"It's just- the reason is rather dumb," He confesses shyly, looking at his lap. Athena tilts her head at his sudden shyness- something unlike her best friend, who was so loud and confident. "But let's not dwell on that," He says, changing the subject much to Athena's dismay, "How do you feel? You know, about Harry."

Athena looks at the boy suspiciously before breaking out into a panic. "I'm terrified for him, Harry is an amazing wizard don't get me wrong. But he's so young Fred, I mean, Cedric, Fleur, Krum, they're all at least three years older than him!" She cries out, placing her head in her hands, "Plus, I can't shake this feeling off that someone did this to hurt him, to harm him-" She gets cut off by Fred wrapping her into a hug. 

She takes a deep breath, the familiar smell of cinnamon, gunpowder, and fireworks that she'd grown to miss so much over the past three weeks calming her down. 

There was something so intoxicating about Fred, it always left Athena wanting more of him. 

Athena's heart begins to race when she realizes how long Fred had been holding her, not that she wanted him to pull away, but Fred realizes as well- he pulls away seconds later, a flustered look on his face which the girl noticed- but not that she minded how long he was holding her, as she found herself suddenly missing the warmth she had felt minutes ago. 

Fred interlaces his hand with hers, "Athena Potter, your brother is one of the strongest people I know- just like you. I'm sure Dumbledore won't allow him to get hurt." 

A smile appears on her face, his words being able to calm her down- just like they always did. 

***

After Harry managed to escape the party Gryffindor had planned, Athena immediately whisks him away into a corner, grabbing him by the shoulders and pulling the two of them in it.

She pulls her brother into a hug, a worried look spread across her face," Harry, you had me so worried. What happened? Are you competing? Did they-" He cuts his sister off, "I don't feel like talking about it." He mumbles, clearly upset, and confused about the situation.

Athena frowns, hating that he was shutting her out, especially with something like this, but she understood. "Fine. But you will tell me eventually, whether you like it or not, understood?" She asks sternly, Harry nodding in response. 

She pulls the boy into a hug once again, "Just promise me you won't get into trouble?" She asks, her voice muffled as it was pressed to his hair. 

She knew it was beyond Harry's control, but if she heard it from him- she knew that he wouldn't go seeking any more trouble for himself. 

"Athena- trouble seems to follow me everywhere I go," He says into the girl's shoulder, Athena pulls away, laughing and shaking her head, "Write to Sirius, okay?" She says, "I'm sure he'll have a lot to say about this."

"I'll write to him tomorrow," Harry says, Athena smiles, "Perfect, I'll send one to Lupin as well. I'm sure he's worried about us,"

The two siblings talk for a while after that, but eventually part ways realizing it was getting late, yet Athena couldn't help but be worried for her brother.

How did he always get himself into these things?