Part 31

Year 7: Girlfriend? Girlfriend. 

***

***

Athena and Hermione decided to go to breakfast together today- not that it was really a choice. Athena had overslept, and Hermione had been busy working on her Ancient Runes homework, making the two of them later to breakfast than usual.

Athena had been quite the entire way to the Great Hall, her thoughts wrapped around her and Fred's kiss last night, and Hermione was beginning to pick up on the girl's quietness. "What's up with you?" Hermione asks, making Athena put their walking to a halt and pull the fifth year close to her as if someone was going to overhear their conversation- despite them being the only two in the hall.

"You won't tell anyone?" Athena asks in a hushed voice, making her raise an eyebrow in concern before nodding her head, "Fred and I kissed last night." The seventh-year admits, going pink at the fact.

Hermione squeals in excitement, practically jumping up and down, and Athena tried hard not to laugh- as in the five years she'd known the girl, she'd never seen Hermione Granger squeal. 

"Finally!" Hermione exclaims, "We've all been waiting for ages!" She continues happily, making Athena laugh and shake her head. "Yeah- but erm, we haven't really spoken since." The girl says sheepishly, making the other give her an 'are you serious' look, in which Athena responded with an, 'Yes I'm serious' look back. 

"Very well then," Hermione says, grabbing Athena's wrist before she can say anything further, marching the two into the Great Hall and heading straight for the Gryffindor table. "Fred!" Hermione shouts loudly, "Athena would like to speak with you!" She announces, making the girl next to her glare and growl at her.

A flustered look spreads across Fred's face at Hermione's words, Lee and George breaking out into secret snickers, sharing a look and glancing between Athena and Fred, poorly hiding the fact that Fred had told them what had happened. 

The boy stands up from his seat awkwardly, "Erm- alright. Let's go then?" He asks, the tips of his ears pink, Athena manages to muster out a quick 'okay' as the two awkwardly walk out of the Great Hall. 

***

"Aren't you hungry?" Fred asks, breaking the silence the two had been in since Hermione had told him that Athena wanted to talk.

Athena looks up at the ginger confused, wondering why he would ask such a random thing. "Erm- it's just, you weren't there to eat breakfast, and then you arrived- but we came here before you had a chance to eat." He says sheepishly, the girl laughs and shakes her head, "It's fine, Harry or Hermione will save me something."

Fred nods, before beginning to rock back and forth on his feet. "So- the kiss?" He says, making Athena's heart begin to race, "The kiss." She acknowledges, still refusing to make eye contact with the boy in front of her, wondering whether this was the part where he was going to say he wanted to just be friends.