Part 39

Year 7: Ryker! 

***

"Be safe! I love you!" Fred calls out, making a smile form on Athena's lips. 

"I love you too, Freddie!" She exclaims- ever since the two had told each other they loved each other, they'd been saying it quite frequently. But not in the way those annoying couples do, they'd sneak it in here or there, the people around them actually found it quite sweet. 

"DIAGONALLY!" Athena exclaims, throwing down the floo powder, she would have apparated- but she hated it too much, and decided that going by floo was ultimately the easier decision for herself. 

The cold, crisp, snowy air took over the girl as she'd stepped foot into Diagon Ally, it was busier than usual, especially considering the fact that Christmas was nearing and people were rushing to get gifts. The excitement began to rise in Athena's chest, knowing in a matter of seconds she would be reuniting with a close friend for the first time in months. 

As Athena walks into the Leaky Cauldron, her eyes meet a pile of familiar floppy brown hair, "Ryker!" She exclaims, waving her hand at the boy frantically. 

Once the boy spots her- which didn't take very long as he reserved a booth not far from the door; he quickly comes over to her, pulling the girl into a tight embrace. "Athena! Hi!" He says happily, "I missed you!" She says, the grin on her face extending as she spoke. 

"Me too! Let's sit we have so much to catch up on." He says, the girl nodding in agreement while the boy pulled out a chair for her, giving him a quick thank you as the two began to catch up. 

"So, recap?" He asks, calling the waiter to order another round of butterbeer. 

Athen takes a moment to find a way to recap the year- which had been quite eventful, "Let's see, there's this new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, total bitch. So we formed a secret club to actually be taught DADA." He chuckles, "I wouldn't expect any less.", --- Fred and I started dating, he said I love you and-" 

Ryker cuts his friend off, a surprised expression on his face, "Woah! I love you already?" He asks, making Athena blush slightly. She knew that she and Fred had said 'I love you' pretty early on into their relationship, especially considering they had only been together for a couple of months, but it felt right for the two. 

"I know it's early, but I've known the boy for seven years, when he said it to me the other week, I didn't need a moment to think about it- I've always loved him." 

"Aww, Athena's getting soft," Ryker teases, nudging his friend on the shoulder, making her roll her eyes jokingly. "Erm let's see what else happened... Oh! Harry, Fred, George, and I got banned from Quidditch- not that that really matters to you but it still pisses me off, and Cedric is coming back to Hogwarts after the holidays." She says she had gone a bit off-topic here and there, but eventually felt like she'd summarised everything up.