Part 29

Year 7: The final year. 

***

***

"There you guys are!" Athena exclaimed, "I was beginning to wonder where you went." She says, placing herself in the empty space next to Fred.

Lee raises an eyebrow, despite the fact that he, Fred, and George were some of Athena's best friends, everyone knew that it was a tradition for her, Isabella, Cedric, and Elliot to sit together on the train rides to Hogwarts. 

"How come you aren't sitting with Elliot and Isabella?" Lee asks curiously, sounding quite oblivious to the answer. George nudges him in the stomach roughly, making Lee yelp, "Ouch! What was that for? I was just asking why she isn't-" His face falters when he realizes why, "Right, I'm sorry, Athena." He apologizes, the girl giving him a small smile in response. 

It wasn't that Athena was no longer friends with Elliot and Isabella, it was that it had become difficult for the three to be around one another. They were all taking Cedric's situation differently, and it showed when the three were around one another. They couldn't be together without thinking of Cedric, and feeling guilty that they were returning for their final year at Hogwarts, while their best friend wasn't. 

"How is he?" Lee asks softly, afraid that if he spoke any louder Athena would burst into tears. 

The girl shifts uncomfortably in her seat, Cedric had been a difficult topic for her to speak about, Fred knew this, so he grabbed her hand for comfort. "He's still in a coma," She says, "There's no saying when he'll wake up, or if he'll wake up-and if he'll even remember us if he does," She says quietly. 

Athena had only visited Cedric one since he'd been put into St. Mungos. After weeks of begging during the summer, Molly and Lupin had finally allowed the girl to go, and Fred went with her. Athena knew Harry really wanted to go as well, especially considering everything the two had gone through during the competition, but it was far too dangerous for Harry to go anywhere without adult supervision. 

An awkward silence takes over the four's compartment after the topic of Cedric, so thankfully, George decides to change the subject. "Have you guys seen Katie, Alicia, and Angelina?" He asks, Lee nodding in response, "Yeah, saw them on the way in. They're in a compartment near us." He says, making Athena smile. 

After Angelina and Fred's breakup, Alicia and Katie had sort of taken charge of comforting Angelina. Not that the girl needed it, because she claimed that she was an independent woman- which she is. So out of respect, Athena decided to distance herself from Angelina, considering she was close with Fred- and never really knew the reason the two had broken up. 

However, towards the end of last year, the four had reconnected, and Athena couldn't be happier to catch up with her roommates this year. 

Athena, Lee, George, and Fred make small talk before it dawns over Athena that it was their final school year here. "Our final year, who knew we would make it this far?" She asks, making the three boys snicker. "I mean, I always knew we would Athena, shocked Fred and George have though," Lee teases.