Part 55

Aftermath 

***

The aftermath of the Burrow getting burnt down had hit everyone, and it had hit them hard. 

The situation had put a dimmer to the rest of the Christmas Holiday, as the rest of it was spent helping the Weasley family- with the exception of George, Fred, and Bill, move into Grimmuald Place, which Sirius was more than happy to offer to them after what had happened.

Sooner or later, Ron, Ginny, Hermione, and Harry had returned to Hogwarts, and Athena was reluctant to the fact that they'd be so far away again, especially after what had just happened. But her worries had calmed down slightly knowing that Cedric would be alongside them.

"Athena?" Elliot asks, snapping the girl out of her thoughts.

After the fire, Elliot had decided to extend his visit to London, helping the Weasley's move in as he'd grown fond of them during the Holidays. And was considering moving back after the year was finished. He could just as easily find a job regarding Alchemy in London as he could in Germany; which made Athena happy, but also wished it wasn't under such horrible circumstances. 

"Yeah?" Athena says, "Erm- sorry, I've been thinking," She continues, shaking her head as she takes another sip of her coffee. "About?" Elliot asks. 

"The fire, it's just- Bellatrix did it to harm Harry, or at least that's what the Order thinks. And I think that the realization is finally hitting me, that there's going to be a lot of people after him. My own brother, Elliot. I don't know what to do, and how to protect him. All I want is to hide him away from the world, lock the two of us in some small house in the middle of nowhere so no one can hurt him." 

The girl had felt many emotions since the fire, guilt because she was partially the reason the Burrow had burnt down. Worry, because it was clearer now than ever that Voldemort is after Harry and fear. Athena was scared, for the first time in her life, Athena was truly and utterly scared shitless of the fact that there would be an upcoming war.v 

Elliot puts his hand over Athena's, noticing her eyebrows had furrowed together in the midst of all her worry, "Look, Harry's in Hogwarts right now. There's nothing that could hurt him there, right? Plus, in the summer he'll officially be 17, so he doesn't have to go back to the Dursley's, he'll be safe- he'll be with us." 

The girl takes a sharp breath, giving her friend a small smile, "Yeah, you're right Ellie. No point in worrying." She says. 

However, the true problem was trying to actually convince herself of the fact.

***

Once Athena had arrived home, she was surprised to find their home surprisingly hectic.