Part 25

Year 6: Cedric.

***

"Merlin, you look rough," Lee blurts out, upon meeting eyes with Athena as he takes a seat next to George, his comment earning a deathly glare from the girl. "...But beautiful like always!" He says quickly, looking at her nervously, "No but seriously Athena, you look really tired... did you sleep last night?" George asks, worry spread across his face for his best friend. 

The two weren't wrong, with it being the final task today, Athena hadn't slept all of last night. She spent the whole night worrying about Cedric and Harry, wondering if the two of them were going to turn out okay. 

"Just shut up and eat your breakfast," She responds harshly, shoving a spoon full of cereal in her mouth. Lee, Fred, and George share a look- the same look they'd been sharing since their third year called, 'It's Athena's time of the month,' 

Athena noticed it back in their fourth year when they would all collectively agree to be oddly nice to her once a month. 

She sighs, rolling her eyes and dropping her spoon back into her bowl, "For your information, no I'm not on my period, I couldn't sleep last night because I'm worried for Cedric and Harry," She says to the three of them, the mention of periods making them all blush madly. 

Fred chuckles, shaking his head at the girl's tendency to worry for everyone but herself, "They've got this, love. Don't worry, It's not like anything can happen to them on Dumbledore's watch." He says, his words feeling familiar to Athena, as they reminded her of the night Fred comforted her on the staircase. 

She gives the boy a small smile, returning to her meal. 

***

Athena swerves through the crowd, looking for Isabella and Elliot. 

The three of them had promised each other to sit together during the final task, show Cedric that they were supporting him no matter what, and Athena needed to be with them, especially considering that recently- she hadn't been seeing much of them, and they were all starting to notice it. 

When she finally spots them, Elliot was talking to a Hufflepuff behind them- while Isabella was fiddling with her hands, she takes a seat between them, giving her two friends a smile. "Ready?" She asks, sounding slightly breathless- due to the number of stairs she had to go up. Elliot scoffs, "Oh! Hello stranger, long time no see!" He deadpans, making Athena feel guilty. 

She looks down at her lap, fiddling with her hands slightly- worrying that Elliot was genuinely mad at her. She wasn't intentionally trying to ignore her best friends, she'd just been so busy with the preparation of N.E.W.T.S, and helping Harry and Cedric with their tasks, plus she'd been with Fred, George, and Lee- that she hardly had time for them, which she felt horrible about.