Part 13

Summer at the Burrow

***

Athena stumbles out of the Burrow's fireplace, a wide grin spread across her face.

"Merlin's beard!" She shouts out, looking around the place bewildered.

She takes a deep breath as she slowly steps out of the fireplace, taking foot into the Burrow, immediately taking in the homely feeling of the place that she had so desperately missed. The wonderful thing about the Burrow was that whether you'd lived there all year or not, it always felt like home. 

It didn't take long for Fred, George, Ron, Harry, and the Weasley father to arrive after Athena. The Weasley father had come to pick up the two Potter's for the summer, and Athena had to stop herself from pinching herself to convince herself that what she'd witnessed wasn't a dream, nearly peeing herself when she watched Fred and George feed her cousin a candy that made his tongue inflate. It grew to nearly three feet! 

A couple of snickers appear from behind the girl, signifying the twins were more than proud of their invention. Through their letters, they'd told the girl how desperate they were to get their inventions tested out, but no one in their family was willing to try it out- so they were more than happy to have their first test run go successfully. 

And as much as Athena would love to join the two in their laughter, she knew that their parents- more specifically their mother, wasn't going to be happy when she found out what they did with Dudley. 

"Are you two idiots!" Athena shouts, her voice laced with anger and amusement. 

While she wanted to lecture Fred and George about what they had done to Dudley, and how it was immature and most definitely going to get them in trouble. It was no secret that their inventions were brilliant. The two boys are actually quite smart- despite not showing it academically, Athena's eyes nearly popped out of her head when they'd told her they got three O.W.L.S combined, while she on the other hand got eight- and was quite pleased with it. 

Athena shakes herself out of her thoughts, continuing to scold Fred and George for their immature actions, but the ends of her lips were tugging into a smile as she spoke. 

"Molly will kill you both! All of your hard work will be taken away!" She exclaims.

Fred and George share a look before breaking out into laughter, "Do you hear that Freddie!" George says, clutching his stomach as he continues to laugh, "She cares for us!" Fred continues, teasing her.

Athena rolls her eyes and pushes the boys back playfully. "Yeah, yeah, you're laughing now but wait until you have to face the wrath that is Molly Weasley." Their faces quickly drop at the girl's words, remembering that their mother scary isn't the most pleasant sight. Their eyes widen in fear, George's face flushing, and Fred visibly gulping. 

Athena smirks to herself, knowing she'd successfully proven her point as she walks away. 

***

Athena wastes no time running up to Ginny's room, laughing slightly to herself as she overhears a bit of Molly's lecture to Fred and George below her. Despite that woman being the kindest and most loving person Athena had met, she was also by far the scariest. 

As Athena enters the youngest Weasley's room, she finds her surrounded by a pile of her own clothing, a finger placed on her chin and observing her clothes intensely. Athena smiles, realizing how much she missed the girl over the past couple of months. 

"Well that's no way to greet your guest," Athena says, breaking the silence.

Ginny gasps, clutching a hand to her heart and stumbling backward. "Bloody hell, you scared me, Athena!" She shouts, folding her arms as she speaks. Athena laughs and rolls her eyes, "Oops! My bad!" She says sarcastically, making Ginny roll her eyes and open her arms wide,  "Just come here, you idiot." 

The rest of the evening was as fun as Athena could've imagined. The Burrow was crowded, although Athena didn't mind. With Bill and Charlie being back home for the summer, it was a full house. Not to mention with the Potter's arrival, and Hermione's the next morning, the house was busier than ever. 

The youngest Weasley and oldest Potter spent the rest of the night gossiping about their previous school year, catching up on what little time they had spent together. They'd also caught up on their summers, even though nothing out of the ordinary happened for the two.

Athena had a dreadful summer as always, and all seemed the same at the Burrow. 

"Excited?" Athena asks, changing the subject from their summers to the Quidditch World cup. At Athena's words, Ginny practically starts to jump up and down, knowing exactly what the girl was talking about, it was all anyone was talking about in the Weasley household. "Excited? I'm more than excited!" Ginny exclaims happily. 

"But I don't think anyone could be happier than Ron, he practically talks about Krum in his sleep. 

Athena laughs to herself, imagining Ron sleep talk about Krum, as it was no secret that the boy was probably the Quidditch player's number one fan. 

"Speaking of sleep," Athena says, glancing at the clock in Ginny's room, "We should probably head to bed soon. We have to wake up early tomorrow, and we both know we don't do well with early mornings," She continues, shuddering slightly as her mind goes back to the previous years when she and Ginny had been woken up early, and the reaction well... wasn't good. 

Ginny happily complies, throwing herself onto her bed, snuggling with her pillows, and wrapping herself with the blanket. "You're right, goodnight Athena." 

Athena looks at the girl one final time, before turning to the other side and smiling to herself, happy to be back where she belonged. 

"Goodnight Ginny." 

***

A/n: The chapter was shorter than I liked, but we're finally in Goblet of Fire! Also known as the Harry Potter and the year where no one cut their hair!! Yay!