Part 32

Year 7: Unexpected Return 

***

Athena tapped on her desk, a bored sigh leaving her lips as she watched Snape demonstrate how to do a potion. She always hated potions, she thought the concept of it was amazing- but having Snape as a teacher wasn't. And because Fred and George weren't taking potions this year, it left her to hate it even more. 

Suddenly, almost as if it was perfect timing, Professor McGonagall enters the classroom, "May I excuse Mr. Fawley and Ms. Potter, Severus?" 

Snape glances between the two students- an emotionless expression on his face before he turns to the Professor, giving her a curt nod and then turning back to his demonstration. Athena shares a glance with Alicia, who had been sitting next to her, and she seemed to be just as confused as Athena was. 

"Don't worry, I'm sure everything is alright," Alicia says, attempting to calm her friend down. Athena gives her a small smile before heading to the Professor and Elliot. 

As Athena and Elliot walk out of the class, the Gryffindor can't help but notice that they're being taken to Dumbledore's office. Although she has no idea why since they hadn't been told a word since being taken out of class. Athena leans into the Slytherin's side, "Say, Elliot, have you done anything that would get us in trouble recently?" She asks. 

Elliot could be quite the troublemaker sometimes, and with Umbridge running around the school- creating new rules left and right, who knew what they could have done to get them in trouble. "No, I haven't. Have you? You are dating the biggest prankster in school after all." Athena shakes her head,  "No- if Fred had done something don't you think they would have taken him out of class and not us?" She asks, bringing them both back to their starting point. 

However, the two didn't have to think for much longer, as they'd already arrived in Dumbledore's office, "Sherbet Lemon," Professor McGonagall says. 

The door opens, and the Professor leads the two upstairs, once they get there, they find Isabella sitting there- which surprised them, as McGonagall hadn't mentioned Isabella at all. And based on her face, it looked like the Ravenclaw didn't have the slightest clue as to why they were called to Dumbledore's office either. 

"I'll be off now," McGonagall says, giving the three students a short smile before leaving. 

Dumbledore clears this throat, "Mr. Fawley, Ms. Potter, please take a seat next to Ms. Ridley, there is some information that I need to share with the three of you." He says, Elliot and Athena, sharing a glance with one another before taking a seat on each side of Isabella, Athena's heart racing as she waits for the headmaster to reveal the news.