Part 5

Year 5: Sirius Black... on the loose?!

 on the loose?!

***

Athena was heading up the stairs when she'd noticed half of her house waiting by the fat lady, "What happened?" She asks Harry, who seemed to have just been arriving as well. Harry shrugs sheepishly, turning to Ron for an answer, "I dunno, I reckon Neville has forgotten the password again." His response earing a "Hey!" from Neville, which got a sheepish look from Ron in return, and a laugh from Hermione, Harry, and Athena. 

All of a sudden, Percy Weasley shoved his way through the crowd, heading straight for the Fat Lady. Athena rolls her eyes and turns to Fred, "Bet he loves using that as an excuse," She says, Fred chuckling. 

Percy takes a pause before speaking again, "No one is allowed in until the Common Room is fully searched." The fact that his tone was much more serious now concerning Athena.  

Everyone began to go into groups, gossiping about what could have possibly happened. Athena was surprised, yes, the Fat Lady would stall them sometimes, but it was never to this extent, people were getting worried. 

Suddenly, Ginny rushes towards Ron, Harry, Hermione, Fred, and Athena.

"The Fat Lady! She's gone!" The youngest Weasley cries out. 

Athena clutches onto Fred's hand in a moment of panic, making Fred's heart begin to race. "What?!" She shrieks, shocked that the Fat lady had left. She looks up at the portrait, noticing how it had been all slashed up, and that the Fat lady was indeed vacant. 

Fred squeezes Athena's hand for reassurance, making her smile softly at the action before he pulls her to the side, making way for Dumbledore who was heading towards the Portrait. "Come on. "Athena, Dumbledore is heading up to the portrait right now." 

Athena glances down, butterflies exploding in her stomach when she realized neither she or Fred had let go of their intertwined hands, as there was no reason for either one of them to still be holding hands, although neither one of them was complaining. 

Ginny looks down at their hands, smirking at Athena and mouthing, 'I told you so,' to which Athena mouthed back, 'Oh shut up'

"Mr. Filch, round up the ghosts. We need to search for her," Dumbledore announces, looking at the man with a serious expression. "There's no need to, she's right there," Filch responds, causing Gryffindor to turn their heads around to the portrait. 

Low and behold, there was the Fat Lady, looking as terrified as ever. "Dear Lady, who did this to you?" Dumbledore asks carefully, everyone behind him looking just as eager to know. The Fat Lady slowly creeps up towards the headmaster, her bottom lip trembling, and after a long description of the man, she finally shouts out, "Sirius Black!" causing a few audible gasps to be heard. 

Athena shudders slightly at his description, finding herself to grow more scared of the murder. 

Her eyes widen slightly, and Fred instinctively puts Athena behind him in a protective manner, Athena smiling when she notices, before remembering that there's a mass murder roaming the halls of Hogwarts.