Part 46

Year 7: Hogwarts without Fred and George

***

Fred and George leaving Hogwarts were what everyone needed.

It was the encouragement everyone needed to get themselves through the rest of the school year, some people in the younger years even took it upon themselves to start pulling their own little mischievous pranks here and there in the twin's honor, which made Athena smile because they got the legacy they always wanted. 

Dean and Seamus did this especially, the two beginning to claim the new title of the Gryffindor pranksters. 

Peeves were also still honoring his order from Fred and George- which wasn't great for the students, as they'd all become victims of Peeves pranks, but Athena was sure that Fred and George would be ecstatic to know that. 

Athena still hadn't spoken to Fred since their fight, she thought that after he left she'd finally get enough courage to send him a letter, but everytime she tried to she panicked. There were piles and piles of crumpled up parchment in her dorm, all drafts of what the girl had planned to write to Fred- but she never knew what to say, and none of them felt right enough to send. 

The debut of Weasley Wizarding Wheezes was coming up this weekend, and Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Ginny were going- so Athena thought she would join, she knew it was the twin's dream to open up the joke shop for years now, so she wouldn't miss out on their opening debut!

But part of her was terrified to go, she knew it was the first time she'd see Fred since he and George had left Hogwarts, and she still didn't know where the two of them stood- which was all the more reasons as to why she needed to talk to Fred.

The problem was figuring out what the hell she should say to him.

***

"Athena!" Harry calls out to his sister, running towards her with their mail-in his hands. 

"Hedwig dropped off out mail," He says, "These are for you," He says, handing her the envelopes. Athena flips through them, she had the usual: a Quidditch catalogue, a letter from Remus, a letter from Sirus, one from Ryker as well- which wasn't usual but she was still glad to see, and one sent from an address she'd never gotten before, but her heart freezing when she recognized where it was from; Number 93 Diagon Ally. 

There was only one person Athena knew who would send her a letter from there, (well two actually); Fred. 

Athena looks up from her mail, giving Harry a short smile, "Thanks," She says, ruffling her brother's hair, to which he responds by groaning slightly, rolling his eyes at his sister before heading off with Ron and Neville. 

After Harry leaves, Athena quickly heads to a more private area- or at least somewhere where she was far enough so that she could read the letter on her own. 

Dear Athena, 

Erm- hi. 

Truth be told, I don't know what to say to you, or how to start one of these. Well, of course, I do. We've written multiple letters to each other in the past, I just don't know how to start this one when we're like this- whatever this is. 

I miss you, so much Athena. But I think you already know that, but if you don't I'm saying it anyway.

I'm also really sorry, and I'll tell you that now- and a million times in our future, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry, I hate that we fought over something so stupid, it was my fault for not telling you George and I was leaving, you should have been the first person to know and I should have been the person to tell you. 

I totally understand if you don't want to be with me anymore, I was being a complete arsehole. So if you want to break up, just say the word and I'll be out of your life. Or er- I'll try to be. It's kind of difficult when our siblings are the best of friends. 

But, if there is even the slightest chance that you could forgive, write me back? And maybe we can meet up at Hogsmead and talk in person about everything, but if you don't want to see me in person, that's totally fine.

Love,

Freddie. 

***

A wave of relief goes through Athena's body reading Fred's letter, she felt much better knowing that he had been thinking about her just as much as she was thinking about him. She wasn't mad at him anymore- in fact, she'd gotten over their fight quite quickly after she had time to herself, but there was still so much the two of them needed to talk about. 

Suddenly, it wasn't so hard for her to find the right words to write to Fred.

Freddie, 

You don't know how happy I was to see I got a letter from you. I've been wanting to write to you for a while now if I'm being honest. But I just couldn't seem to find the right words every time I tried. 

I agree, I think that we should talk in person. There's a lot we need to talk about, a lot I need to say to you- and it's a conversation we would have needed to have whether or not you were still at Hogwarts.

As for when we can talk, I know that Ginny's told you that she, Ron, Hermione, and Harry are coming to check out your store on its debut day next weekend, and I thought that I could stage along with them. Maybe after we see the store, you and I could swing by the Three Broomsticks for a quick drink, ad we could talk? 

It's really weird without you, by the way. Lee and I keep sitting in class expecting either you or George to crack a joke- but then you don't. 

Also, I think you'd be happy to know (and tell George this, I know he'll smile at it) that Dean and Seamus have taken over being Gryffindor's newest pranksters, they aren't the best at it yet, but they have the spirit. Peeves are also still happily following your guys' order.

So it's safe to say you guys have left a pretty big legacy here. 

I'll see you soon, 

Athena. 

***

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter this time! Was just a filler  :)