Part 41

Year 7: Back at Hogwarts

***

Athena sighs, looking outside the window as Cedric complains about Isabella in the background. The two were spending the train ride to Hogwarts alone as Cedric didn't really feel like hearing rumors about him already- which there was plenty.

You can't exactly die, come back to life, be missing for six months, then wake up and claim Voldemort is back and have a smooth sailing life. 

And him and Isabella, along with Athena and Isabella- who were still in their silly argument; aren't on the best of terms. 

"She doesn't want to see me," Cedric says for what must have been the hundredth time, making Athena narrow her eyes at him. 

"I know," Athena responds, making Cedric sigh as he thought he'd won the argument, "But that doesn't mean you can't put in the effort," She continues, taking another bite out of her chocolate frog. 

"I broke up with her for Merlin's sake!" He cries out, "After everything! Of course, she hates me," 

Athena sighs, she'd desperately tried not to take sides after the breakup, as she understood where the both of them were coming from. Isabella was hurt, she'd stuck by Cedric's side through everything, and it'd made these past months for her even harder, and then once he woke up he just up and left her. 

But Athena also understood where Cedric was coming from; he'd literally coming back from the dead; if she were in his position she'd want to be single for a while too, no matter how much she loves Fred. 

Elliot had promised not to take sides as well, but with Isabella being cross with Athena, and Cedric being Isabella's ex, it didn't give the Slytherin much room to freely hang out with the two. 

Athena takes a sharp breath, "Cedric, Isabella doesn't hate you, she loves you- with her whole heart actually. She's just hurt right now, and that's understandable, I would be too. So give her some space, but make sure she knows you still care, yeah?" 

Finally, he gives my advice, "Yeah." 

***

"How did the train ride with Cedric go?" Elliot asks as he and Athena headed to the Great Hall for dinner. 

It was the first time the two of them had been able to catch up since arriving back at Hogwarts, they'd been so busy- and on top of that, they'd sort of officially-unofficially took sides, which didn't leave much room for them to talk.

But once Elliot spotted Athena alone, the two of them finally took the chance to talk, because quite frankly the two hated the situation they were in just as much as each other. 

Athena shrugs, "It was fine, he complained about Isabella for a while, so I tried to give him advice and I just need to hope he'll listen." She says, "But honestly, I don't know what's the point if she's mad at me in the first place," she continues.