Part 6

Year 5: Discoveries 

***

The library was dull and silent when Athena and Elliot bombarded it, ready for confrontation. "Alright young lady," Athena said, placing herself in the seat in front of Isabella, Elliot taking the seat next to the Gryffindor. 

"We need to talk," He continues, causing the Ravenclaw to chuckle nervously before closing her book. "Heh, about what?" She asks, looking at the two of them curiously. Elliot and Athena share a glance, Elliot raising an eyebrow at Isabella- wondering if she had become truly oblivious to her own nature these past few weeks. "Seriously, you don't know?" He asks, Isabella, shaking her head, her facial expressions becoming even more confused. 

"Why in Godric's name are you avoiding Cedric?!" Athena exclaims, interrupting Elliot and causing Isabella to go wide-eyed. 

Ever since their last conversation at the library, Isabella had been out of sight whenever they were near Cedric. The three of them would walk to class, and the second Cedric would come Isabella would make an excuse to leave, or she'd just dash out of sight without telling anyone. It was really starting to concern the Gryffindor and the Slytherin as well, as it was starting to divide up their friendgroup- without any reason why. 

Isabella scoffs, "What? I haven't been avoiding Cedric!" She says defensively. 

Athena rolls her eyes at the girl's stubborn nature- something she'd had since their very first year at Hogwarts. "Oh really? how do you explain literally everything you've done this past couple of weeks! Bella, I love you, but you have to be an idiot to not realize you've been ignoring him." She says. 

Isabella huffs impatiently, clearly showing that she wants the conversation to be over. "Okay fine!" She exclaims, "If I tell you two why I'm avoiding him, will you guys leave it alone?" She asks, Elliot and Athena come to a silent agreement, while they probably weren't going to leave it alone- they still wanted to know, so they'd pretend they would. 

"IhavefeelingsforCedric." Isabella spits out quickly, a shade of red coming across her face as she admits the secret she'd been keeping inside the past month. "What?!" Athena exclaims, her eyes widening, Elliot in disbelief, "Funny joke Bella- you can be serious now." He says, although based on her face, Isabella was most definitely not joking. In fact- she had tears welling up in her eyes. 

At the sight of her sadness, Athena's face softens, "Bella are you-" However she gets cut off, "You think I don't know how dumb it sounds?" She says quietly, her bottom lip quivering, "I hate that I have feelings for him, I hate the tingling feeling I get around him, and I hate how my heart hurts every time he flirts with some random girl he forgets about a week later."

Elliot and Athena share a nervous glance, unsure of how to respond to the girl's confession. This had never happened to their friendgroup- other than Elliot's short crush on Athena in their third year, their friendgroup had been purely platonic. 

When Isabella notices her friends silence, she speaks up, "You guys don't need to say anything, I know he won't like me back," She says, her hands fidgeting. Elliot takes Isabella's hand in his, "Bells, you're a great girl, if Cedric can't see it he's an idiot." He speaks softly, Athena nodding in agreement. 

Isabella sighs, "Listen- I don't want to talk about it anymore. I'll start talking to Cedric again soon, I just need some time to figure out whatever I'm feeling. But now that you know- promise to leave it alone?" She asks. 

"We'll leave it alone," Athena answers immediately, although this time she means it. 

***

"Fred! For the love of merlin, stop groaning!" Athena complains, throwing a pillow in George's direction as she speaks, trying to keep him from falling asleep. Her violence making George swear at her under his breath, "Weasley!" Athena snaps, "I don't know what you said but I will fight you!" She threatens, making George send a middle finger her way. 

Fred throws himself on the sofa, taking up the empty space next to Athena. "So much pain!" He whines, "I'll never walk again thanks to Wood, my body is broken!" He shouts out. Athena huffs and rolls her eyes, "You aren't the only one on the team Weasley! My body hurts too!" She complains. 

The Gryffindor Quidditch team had just wrapped up the practice, and they were all minutes away from a visit to the hospital wing. Wood had been working them up real hard in practices, and nobody was sure how much more they could handle. While no one on the team was blaming him, as it's his final year, and they all understand how badly he wants to go out with a win- and they're all trying hard for him, it's difficult to do so when every bone aches. 

Athena had only joined the team last year, making her the newest addition to Gryffindor's finest. Compared to Angelina, Fred, and George, who had joined in their second year, she had come around much later. 

She'd always enjoyed quidditch, as she would go to their matches and occasionally view their practices, but she never enjoyed it enough to join. That was up until Alicia Spinnet had an injury last year, and her parents freaked out so much they had forced her to drop out of the team. So when an empty spot came around, Fred, George, and Harry practically pushed Athena to try out. 

When Lee comes down the stairs, he starts snickering to himself when he sees everyone sprawled across the common room. 

Athena and Fred on the couch, his head on her lap, and her body leaning lazily on the arms of the couch for body stability. George on a separate couch on his own, about two seconds away from passing out. Katie and Angelina entangled with one another on the second couch, and Harry laid on the floor, with Oliver watching over his team, hands on his hips, grinning from ear to ear. 

"Hey Wood, I think you might be working them too hard." Lee jokes, although meaning it a bit. 

Oliver looks sternly at the boy, "When I said I'll do anything to beat Slytherin this year, I meant it." He says, Athena looks up at her quidditch captain- giving him a weak smile, as even doing that hurt. "We know Ollie, trust me, but could you lay off being so hard on us during practice? We have dinner in half an hour and I'm not sure any of us are even going to be able to walk to it." 

Oliver looks around at his team, which everyone is looking at him with pleading eyes. After a minute of contemplation, he caves in, "I'll make practice easier, but, if we lose I'll come for you Athena," He says, pointing an accusing finger at the girl. 

Athena shoots out of her seat to give the boy a hug, completely forgetting about Fred's head on her lap and the fact that she could hardly stand. As she shoots out of her seat, her legs immediately give out, and she falls back down on the sofa, earning a grunt from below her. 

"Erm Athena?" Fred groans weakly, "Yeah?" Athena answers back, not bothering to make eye contact with the boy. 

"You're sitting on my chest." 

***

A/n: Sorry for the short chapter! I needed a filler and I didn't really know what to come up with so enjoy this. I know things are boring right now but I promise it'll get interesting later. Also if your wondering who the person above is in the GIF, that's supposed to be Isabella.