Part 35

Year 7: Weasley is our King

***

"Hey guys, a couple of us are going down to the pitch-  we wanna check out the conditions for the game and warm-up, you coming?" Angelina asks Athena, Harry, and Ron. Athena smiles at the girl, "I promised Fred I'd wait for him and George, but after they come we'll head straight to the pitch." She says, "Yeah same, Ron and I will finish eating them we're coming." Harry says. 

Angelina nods, bidding goodbye to Hermione before leaving, Athena glances at Ron- who'd been awfully nervous the entire time- he'd hardly said a word since they sat down, which worried her. "Are you okay, Ron?" She asks, knowing he was nervous for his first official game on the team. "Just wonderful," He responds sarcastically, picking up his cup and taking a big gulp of his pumpkin juice. 

Hermione gives him a small smile, "You're going to be fine Ronald, I'm sure your nerves will help you do even better." 

Athena raises an eyebrow at the girl, leaning into her brother's side, "That can't be true, can it?" She whispers, making Harry chuckled, "It's Hermione- she's right about everything, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is." 

Suddenly, Athena feels a pair of arms wrap around her waist, a smile forming on her lips when she realizes who it is. "Morning love," She says, leaning back to whisper it into Fred's ear. She feels him smile from behind her, "How did you know it was me? What if it was Lee?" He asks jokingly.

Athena chuckles, "If it was Lee, I would have hexed him into oblivion by now." 

Lee scoffs, "You wouldn't!" He exclaims, offended at his friend. George laughs, putting a hand on Lee's back softly, looking him dead in the eyes, "She would mate, she would." He says, causing everyone to laugh. 

Athena looks over to Fred and George, "Hey guys listen, I told Angelina that the three of us would be headed to the pitch after you got here, so we better get going- you know how she is about time." She says, getting up from her seat.

The three say goodbye to Lee, and head out to get ready for their game. 

***

"Captains, shake hands," Madame Hooch orders, Angelina and Montauge reluctaning shake hands, quickly pulling away seconds after their hands met, the both of them looking like they didn't enjoy it very much. 

"I want a fair game, okay?" Madame Hooch says, looking mainly at the Slytherins- who were all smirking at one another. "Alright... mount your brooms," She says, and with that, the whistle went off and the game began. 

The ball was quickly released into the air, and both teams were quick to start flying around the pitch, Ron began heading towards the Slytherin hoops, "You've got this Ron!" Athena exclaims supportively, shooting him a quick smile before beginning to chase after the Quaffle, but Angelina had beat both of them to it.