Part 44

Year 7: Trouble in Paradise 

***

Ever since Dumbledore had left Hogwarts, and Umbridge had been made Headmaster, everyone in Hogwarts had become miserable.

The lady was on everyone's arse every waking minute of the day, she would reprimand students for the slightest of things.

Classes had become boring as well since teachers were hardly allowed to do anything out of their free will. Umbridge had teachers being supervised 24/7, meaning many teachers had been fired as well- including Trewlany, who Athena never liked- but felt bad for nonetheless. Hogwarts had become dull as well, hardly any student would joke or crack a smile anymore, they'd all become too afraid, worrying that anything they would do would land them in detention.

In general, life at Hogwarts had become complete and utter shit. 

Athena hated it as well, it's her final year at the place she'd called home for the past seven years, yet now she wants nothing more than to leave. 

***

Athena was currently sitting in the common room, curled in the corner of one of the sofas, reading Little Woman; a book Hermione had given her for Christmas. She'd been planning to read it for a while, but she never got around to doing so. With all of her extracurriculars canceled, she now had more than enough time to do so. 

The Gryffindor soaked up the silence of the common room, the common room was hardly ever empty, so she soaked up her moment alone. 

However, the girl's moment alone was quickly interrupted by Harry heading up to her, a seemingly serious look on his face. 

"I think Fred and George are leaving Hogwarts." He blurts out. 

Athena diverts her attention from her book and onto her younger brother, chuckling slightly at him, "Well of course they are, we all are?" She says, confused at her brother's odd behavior. Why would he be telling her something she was already aware of? 

"No Athena, I mean, I think they're planning to leave now." He says, looking at his sister with a serious expression on his face.

There was no way that was possible, there were still two months until they finished school, and if they were planning something as big as that, surely they would have told her?

"That's ridiculous," Athena says. "That's what I thought too," Harry responds, "But it's been at least a week since they hinted at it, and I overheard them talking about it with Lee- and they haven't told you, and I thought that with you being with Fred, and George being one of your best mates, that you at least deserved to know."

Athena's heart sinks to her stomach, were her best friends of seven years actually leaving? Why wouldn't Fred tell her? Surely he had thought about their relationship while making the decision to leave. How would the two of them work why he was gone? That was two months without each other, and why would he leave her in the dark? Especially about something like this, leaving her to hear it from her brother, while he was fully able to tell Lee...

The girl stands up from her seat, giving Harry a thankful smile that he even told her in the first place, otherwise she'd still have no idea. "Excuse me, little bro, I have a Weasley to strangle," Athena says, heading straight towards the boy's dormitory. 

***

"You!" Athena shouts, barging into Fred's dorm- who was in the middle of doing his laundry. 

She points her finger at the boy, making him raise an eyebrow, "When were you planning to tell me you're leaving?!" She exclaims, getting closer and closer to the boy. 

Fred's previous happy expression upon seeing the girl dropped as the words exited her mouth. "What- love, how did you find out?" He asks softly, dropping his sweater and getting closer to the girl, making her scoff, "So it's true?" She asks. 

Athena wasn't upset that Fred and George were leaving, she always knew that their achievements didn't need this much schooling, plus they were never made for learning. But it hurt her that he didn't even bother thinking of their relationship, or that she didn't play as much of a role in his decision as he would've made in hers. 

"It is true, I'm not going to lie to you," He says, "I didn't plan on keeping you in the dark, love, but the details of our exit aren't finished yet an-" 

Athena scoffs, did Fred really not see the reason why Athena was angry? It wasn't because she was kept in the dark- while that did upset her, it was mainly because of how okay he was with leaving her. "Do you not see why I'm upset?" She asks, shocked at Fred's ability to be so fucking clueless. The ginger looks at her confused, "What? Isn't it because I didn't tell you?"

"I mean, that is part of it. It sure wasn't great hearing about it from my fucking brother!" She exclaims, "But did you even think about us?"--- "You're leaving me here, in our last school year without hesitation. What happens next? That's two months without seeing each other, and on top of that, I didn't even get to hear it from you- but from my fucking brother! Who said this has been common knowledge for over a week!" 

Fred stays silent after his girlfriend's outburst, "Who knows?" She asks suddenly, and when he doesn't answer- Athena finds herself getting angrier, "Who knows?!" She repeats.

"Erm, well George of course-" He begins nervously, "Lee, Katie, Alicia, Harry I suppose, oh and Angelin-" Athena cuts him off, her blood boiling- not wanting the boy to finish the sentence because she knew she'd throw a punch at his face, "YOU HAD THE FUCKING TIME TO TELL YOUR EX-GIRLFRIEND AND NOT ME?!" She shouts, that being her crossing line.

How could Fred find the time to tell Angelina, but not her- his own girlfriend? 

The Weasley's previous expression turns angry, "How are you making this about you Athena! If we love each other we can make this work! I thought you'd be happy for George and me." He says angrily. 

Tears begin to pool in Athena's eyes, although she refuses to let them fall down- she wouldn't be weak.

Not in front of him.

"Of course I'm happy for you and George, but do I really mean so little to you that you would rather tell your ex-girlfriend about you leaving than me, and that you didn't even bother considering how I would feel for one fucking second!" She shouts out, her voice cracking as she was getting closer to crying.

"I didn't think it would matter!" Fred shouts out. 

Ouch.

Now that was where it hurt. 

"Oh," Athena says softly, tears now falling down her face- not that it mattered to her anymore, she knew how Fred felt about her. Fred's face softens at the sight of Athena crying, especially after realizing what he'd said- and how it came off, he found himself scolding himself for his poor choice of words. 

"Athena, you know I don't mean it like that-" She cuts him off.

"No Fred, you've said enough. Leave Hogwarts for all I care, you've made it clear how little you think of me and this relationship." She says, and with that, she walked away from the boys' dormitory, not bothering to look back. 

***

A/N: Oops, sorry about this! I wanted to add something interesting from this, but don't worry they'll grow and learn from this believe me. 

How are you liking the story so far? We're finally coming to an end from Order of the Phoenix, I made this year way longer compared to Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire- my bad. 

Anyways, till next chapter! See you guys :)