Part 1

Year 5: Welcome back! 

***

Summer was coming to its end when Athena Potter cautiously opened up the door to their hotel room, her younger brother not far behind her as he carries the two of their suitcases- struggling slightly as the thirteen-year-old was yet to reach his full strength. 

"This is disgusting," Athena mutters, looking around the room with a twinge of disgust. "Still better than the Dursley's though," Harry jokes, swatting a fly as he speaks to his older sister. Athena lets out a laugh, "Anything is better than the Dursley's," She says, her voice deadpanned. 

The Potter daughter wasn't kidding, despite the Dursley family being the only remaining blood family the two had, the whole family was absolutely horrible to them. Petunia, their late mother's sister, could be tolerable at times, but Dudley- their wretched cousin, and Vernon- possibly the worst one out of them all, were other stories. 

Because of this, Harry and Athena were currently staying at the Leaky Cauldron- it wasn't ideal for the two, but they had to escape after Harry blew up their Aunt Marge. 

Truth be told, that does sound a lot worse than it was, in all honestly if Harry hadn't done it, Athena probably would have. As she was visibly fuming when the lady had been spewing insults on her parent's left and right. 

It seems that Harry had spotted his sister's horrible mood, as he quickly changes the tone of the conversation. "At least the Weasley's and Hermione are coming tomorrow!" He exclaims happily, trying to lighten up the mood. 

The Weasley family, which had practically grown to be Harry and Athena's family over these years, were currently in Egypt. They were visiting their oldest child Bill, whom Athena had only met once or twice, but seemed sweet nonetheless. 

A smile appeared on Athena's face when she remembers the fact, especially when she remembered that a certain pair of Weasley twins would be arriving tomorrow- more specifically Fred. 

Trying to ignore the butterflies in her stomach, Athena looks up at her brother with a bright smile, "Right! But they hadn't given us a time, I guess we'll just have to wake up and see if they're there tomorrow." 

***

"It was that cat of yours!" A voice below Athena shouts, a groan escaping her lips as the person had been waking her up from her nap. However, her eyes widen when she realizes she'd recognized the voice, it belonged to Ron! 

The girl springs up to her feet, a smile forming on her lips as she heads hastily to the door, "Harry! They're here!" She shouts, looking excitedly at the bathroom door, in which Harry was in. "Really?" He shouts, "Yes!" Athena says, running out of the room and eagerly going down the stairs- not even bothering to wait for her younger brother.