Part 18

Year 6: New Friends

***

Athena and Ryker lock arms, a wide smile across both of their faces- "Ready to go M'lady?" Ryker asks dramatically, making Athena chuckle. "Ready when you are!" She exclaims. 

Ever since the two had met each other three months ago, they'd grown extremely close, finding that they related to each other in a lot of ways, and Athena was glad that she'd made a new friend that she can trust. 

Ryker begins to guide Athena to the black lake, "Erm Ry, why are we here?" She asks, looking around confused. "Wanted to have a picnic, thought if we went anywhere else it would be too hectic." He answers, grinning cheekily at her. Athena's heart warms at his thoughtful gesture. 

The Durmastranf student begins to place down a picnic blanket, pulling out sandwiches and drinks, to which Athena's stomach replied happily. 

"So, how are you liking Hogwarts?" Athena asked, taking a big bite out of her sandwich. 

"It's nice, definitely different from Durmastrang," He answers, "Some people have been really friendly, while others... not so much." He says Athena cocks an eyebrow at him, "Slytherins?" She asks. "Erm- I guess so, I'm not really familiar with the houses yet..." He trails off, Athena laughs at the boy's cluelessness. 

"Don't worry about them," She says, "They're not all mean, remember Elliot?" She asks, Ryker nodding, "Well he's a Slytherin, and he's great. Just don't tell him I told you that, he'll never let it go." 

Ryker laughs, "Your secret is safe with me," He says with a wink.

The pair begin to continue their lunch before Fred and George come flailing at them. "Hide us!" George shouts, ducking behind Athena- despite her much smaller frame, and the fact that she was sitting down. The girl notices Fred looked... upset? But didn't comment on it. 

"What did you guys do?" Athena asked, "We sort of put a color power in Lee's shampoo... his hair's orange now, he looks just like a Weasley!" George says excitedly. 

Athena laughs at the boy, about to comment on their prank before realizing Ryker hadn't met Fred and George yet. "Oh! Guys, this is Ryker Adams. He goes to Durmastrang but used to go to Illvermorny. I met him while looking for you, Fred a couple of months ago." She says. 

George sticks out his hand, "I'm Gred, that's Forge." He says.

Athena rolls her eyes, knowing that these two pulled this trick every time they met someone new. However, Ryker doesn't respond right away, instead, he observes the two of them, his eyes glancing back and forth between the pair.