Part 53

Coming Back to Hogwarts

***

Coming back to Hogwarts was strange. Athena hadn't been there in well over three months, and she found it weird- this was the first time she'd ever been in the school where she wasn't a student. 

She'd come because she and Cedric had plans for lunch, the two had been long overdue for a catching up, and Athena thought she might as well come earlier to check up on Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny while she was there as well.

However, on the way to the Gryffindor common room, Athena came across the Transfiguration classroom, a smile appearing on her face as she peeps her head into the class, her eyes meeting her favorite Professor. 

"Hey, Minnie!" Athena says, a sly smirk appearing on her face- knowing she no longer could get in trouble for that. McGonagall attempted to look at her ex-student in a disapproving manner, but couldn't help but smile at the sight of the girl. "Hello, Ms. Potter," She says, inviting the girl over to take a seat in front of her. 

"As much as I love seeing your face once again dear, how come you've visited?" She asks, glancing at the clock behind Athena to make sure she didn't have a lesson next. 

Athena leans over her desk, grabbing a biscuit from the tin before beginning to speak, "I'm having lunch with Cedric, and he works here so- plus I thought I might as well check up on everyone while I'm here." She says. 

McGonagall nods, "How have you been?" She asks, her question making Athena perk up, "Lovely, Professor! I've moved in with Fred and George, whose shop is going great-  if you haven't seen it you should stop by! I'm sure they'd love to see you."--- "I've also begun my Auror training as well, and you were right- back in my sixth year, there's nothing else I'd rather be doing. "

A smile appears on McGonagall's face at her ex-students answer, "And you and Mr. Weasley... you're still?"--- "Yes!" Athena answers happily cutting off the Professor slightly, "It's been over a year now," She continues, sighing dreamily at the thought of her boyfriend.

"I knew it, Albus owes me 5 sickles," McGonagall muttered under her breath, making Athena raise an eyebrow.

"What was that, Professor?" She asks, making McGonagall clear her throat, "Oh nothing dear! But you best be off now- I have a lesson soon," She says, giving Athena a wink as she headed out the door.

"Oh and one more thing!" McGonagall calls out, "They're all in the common room and the password is Dilligrout!" 

***

"Surprise!" Athena shouts out, entering the common room with a wide smile on her face. 

The common room was surprisingly busy when Athena had entered. In front of the fireplace, Ron, Harry, and Hermione were arguing about something. In one corner Seamus and Neville were playing Chess, and in the other Dean and Ginny were cuddled up on the sofa while Dean read a book.