Part 50

Moving Day

***

"Ready, love?" Fred asks, carrying the final box out of Athena's room.

The girl smiles, giving him a quick nod before watching him head out of her room. She sighs, observing the room around her that she'd grown to call home the past couple of weeks.

Today was the day Athena was officially moving into Fred and George's flat. It wasn't like she wasn't practically living there beforehand, she'd woken up over a month ago and was spending nearly every night there, but she hadn't moved in yet. 

"I can't believe you're leaving me!" Sirius suddenly shouts out, mimicking a young child which made Athena laugh. The two had bonded immensely during her time at the Grimmuald Palace- not that it was a surprise, the two had always been close when Athena was younger. And with Sirius being a free man now, he wanted to explore as much as he could, and with Athena no longer being a student- she had more than enough time to do so. 

The two had a lot of fun together, it was similar to how Remus and Athena would spend their time together in the early stages, Sirius would tell Athena as many stories about her parents- which would never fail to make her smile, her personal favorite was when her dad and Sirius lived together, their friendship with each other made her smile- she'd never seen two people be so close.

She places a hand on Sirius's shoulder, "I'll visit all the time Padfoot, you know it." She says, giving him a teasing smirk. He rolls his eyes, "It's not the same!" He exclaims, "He's taking me away from you," Sirius pouts, crossing his arms. 

Fred laughs loudly from the other room, letting Athena and Sirius know that they'd been eavesdropped on the entire time, "He has a name you know!" Fred shouts out, "And George is waiting for us outside!" He exclaims, making Athena laugh. 

Sirius scoffs jokingly, "Alright fine," He says, "Come here little Lily," embracing Athena into a hug, "I'll miss you," She tells him, her voice muffled into his shoulder, "I'll miss you too," He says, but you better keep your promise of visiting me!" He threatens. 

***

"I'm,"---"So,"---"Tired!" George says in between huffs, dramatically dropping Athena's boxes the second he steps foot into the flat.

"Me too!" Fred exclaims behind George, sounding just as breathless as his twin brother. Fred looks at Athena, who was sitting on the couch- smiling happily about the fact she hadn't moved at all, "Remind me how you managed to convince George and me to carry your stuff for you?" He asks. 

Athena flips through a page of her book, looking up at the twins with a smirk on her face, "Please, I've had the two of you do stuff for me for years and you've never noticed." She gloats, a smug look appearing on her face making Fred snort. "I think I'd be able to tell, love." He says, although not sounding too convinced.