Part 11

Year 5: Hello Friend. 

***

***

"Hermione? Harry? Ron? What are you three doing out?" Athena asks the trio, noticing Hermione had her arms wrapped around Ron's neck, and that she's visibly upset. 

Worried for the younger witch, Athena leans into her younger brother's side, "Is she alright?" Athena whispers, "Buckbeaks' been executed," Harry answers, making Athena put a comforting arm on Hermione. "Oh Hermione, I'm so sorry." Athena says sympathetically, "I heart about what happened, Malfoy is a prat and a half." She says, making Ron snicker. 

Athena looks away from the trio, noticing it's getting dark outside. "Anyways, we better head back to the Common Room. Wouldn't want anyone getting us in trouble." She says, "Oh yeah. Why were you even out after hours Athena?" Ron asks, making Athena snicker as she thought about the prank she and Lee had pulled moments before, "Erm- Lee and I had some business we needed to attend to." 

The four of them begin to walk peacefully, until Scabbers runs out of Harry's invisibility cloak, making Ron call out, "Scabbers no!" And to make matters worse, Crookshanks follows Scabbers out of the invisibility cloak, "No offense you two, but I hate your pets," Athena says quietly, turning around to expect a response- but only to find Hermione and Ron running. 

Harry and Athena then begin to run, trying to catch up with the two, "Ron, Hermione! Get back under the cloak now!" Athena hisses, "Fudge and Dumbledore will catch us if you don't!" Harry adds on. However, before the two of them can get under the cloak, a dog comes running towards the four of them. 

A black dog. 

The dog begins to attack them, but Harry yanks the dog off right before it can cause any harm. Athena sighs in relief, but her relief is soon outlived by Ron's yelps coming from behind her, making her turn around to find Ron at the bottom of the Whomping Willow, and before she can even more- a crack comes from Ron's leg.

"Ronald!" She exclaims, running up to the Ginger. 

But it was too late. 

Ron had slipped through the Whomping Willow, "Ron!?" She cries out, turning around to Harry and Hermione, "What do we do?" She exclaims. 

As if Crookshanks- Hermione's cat had heard her, the catwalks over to the Whomping Willow- much to Hermione's dismay, and it was like the tree had frozen. 

A gasp escapes Athena's lips when a familiar tunnel opens up, one she had seen on the Mauaraders map before when sneaking into Hogsmead with Fred and George. "Hermione, Harry, we need to follow Crookshanks, now." She says sternly, running to catch up with the cat. 

*** 

"Where are we?" Ron asks, as he practically coughs out dust. "The Shrieking Shack," Hermione answers, although she's too busy observing the room. It was clear that whatever this area was, had been abandoned many years ago, as the walls were peeling and there was dust nearly everywhere. 

Suddenly, the door closed shut, making the four of them jolt with fear. "Who's there!" Athena shouts out, pulling out her wand for defense. 

A man comes out, tired, his clothes ragged, and Athena knew that face, "Sirius Black," She breathes out in shock. The man who betrayed her parents, the reason why she and Harry had grown up orphans and way from the wizarding world where they belonged, the man who all of this was their fault, was right in front of her. 

"Expelliamus!" He shouts, making Hermione, Harry, and Athena's wands go flying in a matter of seconds. 

"If you want to kill Harry or Athena, you'll have to kill me too!" Ron shouts, his braveness making Athena look at him with wide eyes. "Ron, are you crazy? No!" She exclaims, knowing Fred and George would never forgive her if something had happened to their younger brother. 

After their argument, and Ron's sudden bravery, Hermione hears a set of footsteps come upstairs. When it reveals to Remus, Athena's breath hitches. "Where is he, Sirius?" He asks, his voice stone cold. 

Athena watches as the two men interact, Lupin pulling Sirius into a hug. "You were in on it," Athena says quietly, her voice in disbelief. "I don't believe it!" Hermione shouts, making everyone look at her. However, Athena was too focused on her godfather. She looked at him with teary eyes, "I trusted you! Harry trusted you! And you've been his friend this whole time." She shouts angrily, tears flowing down my face. 

"You're wrong," Lupin says, although the girl feels too betrayed to hear the rest of his revelation. 

"He's a werewolf," She says, boring her eyes into his. 

"How long have you known?" He asks, his voice is eerily calm. "When Isabella said you were absent during her class after the full moon, and when I remembered your Boggart is a moon I guess I put the pieces together." She said coldly, "Not to mention, Snape set an essay about Werewolves." Hermione adds on, showing that she was aware of him as well. 

"You two truly are some of the brightest witches I know, you ought to give yourself more credit," He says, chuckling slightly. "No." Hermione spits out, "If I was smart I would have told the school what you are." 

Athena stands up to say something else, however as she stands up, her vision gets blurry and the world fades black. 

***

Athena groans as she wakes up, looking up to find Ron in front of her with a cast on his leg. "Athena! You're awake!" He exclaims happily, "I'd er- give you a hug but I can't really stand." He says, motioning to his broken leg. 

The girl gives him a weak smile, "What the hell happened?" She asks. 

The Weasley begins to explain to the girl everything that had happened once she passed out. Everything from how Sirius was actually innocent, and how the man who betrayed her parents was Peter Pettigrew- someone she knew through Remus's stories, and according to him- was dead, but he'd actually turned out to be Scabbers. 

"And that lands us to right now, I could've sworn Harry and Hermione were here but they disappeared?" Ron says sheepishly, looking around the hospital wing. 

Athena sits there with her jaw opened slightly, trying to understand everything that was just told to her. Sirius Black is innocent, Harry's godfather had just spent the past 12 years in Azkaban for a crime he didn't commit. And Ron? Oh, poor Ron, he must feel so violated right now, a man had been his rat for the past 3 years, she felt sick to her stomach just thinking about it. "Wait, Sirius! He's going to be sent back to Azkaban!" She exclaimed angrily, trying to stand back up before falling straight back down. 

"There's no point in trying to leave Athena," Ron says, giving me a pitiful smile, "Madam Pomfrey insisted the two of us stay overnight. But you're right, they're going to perform the dementors kiss on him." A lump arrises in Athena's throat, "That's not fair..." She whispered, Harry and her deserved their family, despite Sirius not being her Godfather, he still was Harry's, making him just as important to her. 

As she feels herself doze back into sleep, Hermione and Harry appear, "You guys were just there!" Ron says, motioning to another spot in the hospital wing, making Hermione chuckle, 

As I feel myself doze back into sleep, Harry and Hermione appear out of nowhere. "You guys were just there!" Ron exclaims, Hermione chuckles, "Honestly, Ron, how could two people be at two places at once?" 

***

A/n: This honestly might be one of my most poorly written chapters, I dunno I feel like I could have written in better. But on the bright side, the Prisoner of Azkaban Era is ending soon! Goblet of Fire is on its way, and some new characters will be introduced as well.