Part 23

Year 6: Misconceptions 

***

Dear Remus,

How are you? How is Padfoot? Sorry, I'm only answering now, I had been busy with school and hadn't found time to get to the owlery.

Harry is doing well, luckily he hasn't been as stressed recently since the third task isn't for a couple of months. You can tell Padfoot not to worry, as I'm sure he is. I've been okay as well, school has been kind of stressful as NEWTs are coming up next year and I have absolutely no idea what to do with my life. Other than that, everything here at Hogwarts is doing good. Beauxbatons and Durmastrang have seemed to adjusted here nicely, I've made a good friend from Durmastrang, his name is Ryker, I've also spoken to the Beauxbatons champion Fleur a couple of times and she's very sweet. Although some of his classmates have hit on me and I don't like it very much, and some of the Beauxbaton girls can be judgemental. 

P.S Stop saying you're going to beat up that "Weasel Boy," You literally taught him and his siblings last year, his last name is Weasley. Also, I think I'm going to try and move on from him as I don't think he'll ever like me back. 

I miss and hope to see you and Padfoot soon, 

Love, Athena.

Athena seals up the letter, handing it to her brother's owl and watching it fly away. "What are you doing here, Potter?" A voice from behind her snarls, causing her to startle. She turns around to find none other than Draco Malfoy, holding a particularly amused face. 

"Malfoy?" She says, squinting her eyes slightly as the room was dimming- making it harder for her to see his face, "Merlin, you scared me." She says, once realizing it's him, "Don't sneak up on people like that!" The boy smirks at the girl's fear, "What are you doing here?" He asks, edging closer to her.

Athena rolls her eyes, "Sending a letter? It's not like I came here to admire the smell of bird shit," She deadpans, making the boy laugh slightly- something rare for the Slytherin to do. He shakes his dead, discarding his laugh as he found it something unlike him as well, "Right- anyways, I'll let you get going," He says, as he awkwardly shifts away from the door. 

She gives him a short smile, before heading downstairs- she found the interaction between the two weird- as that had probably been the most they'd spoken to each other the whole time the two had known each other, yet Athena didn't bother thinking much of it, if the two ignored each other before, why start acting like the other exists now? 

***

When Athena gets to her common room, she's more than happy to find her friends sitting there- all lazily spread across the couches, in their pajamas. The girl takes a seat on the couch, Fred and George leaping to her side in an instant, a teasing smirk on both of their faces.