Part 45

Year 7: Fred and George's Depart

***

While Athena Potter and Fred Weasley weren't broken up, they were as good as.

Neither one of them had spoken, touched, or looked in each other's direction in well over a week. Everyone around them was concerned, as while the two had their fair share of fights growing up, they never lasted this long, and it was never while the two were in love. 

Both of them missed each other terribly, yet both would rather die before admitting the fact- Athena more so than Fred. 

You see, Fred seemed normal on the outside, he would crack jokes here and there, continue to plan with Fred their departure from Hogwarts, talk to friends like all is good, pull pranks- but what no one knew, other than George, was that Fred was crushed with guilt. 

He knew he had messed up, especially after talking to his twin brother, who had told him that he honestly thought Fred had told Athena, which was the only reason why George was so okay with telling the others. He also knew Fred messed up by telling Angelina before her, which didn't exactly look so good on Fred's part.

However, while Fred was feeling guilty, Athena was a complete mess on the inside. Her friends had tried everything to cheer her up, whether it was trying to get her to Hogsmead, give her chocolate, or have Remus and Sirius send her letters. 

Nothing had worked. 

It wasn't that she looked hurt on the outside, as she wasn't crying- in fact she hadn't shed a tear since her fight with Fred. She was able to go to class, as well. So from the outside, Athena looked okay, if you weren't friends with her, you'd assume she was doing just fine. 

But no- it was her personality that was beginning to scare everyone. She would hardly talk, and Athena Potter is talkative, she hardly smiled, and the Potter daughter would smile at the simplest of things, it was like she was there; present in the conversation, but not present at all.

And that was much scarier than if she was crying. 

So that brings us to here, the day before Fred leaves. 

***

"Athena, please eat something?" Isabella begs, looking at her friend with pleading eyes. She shakes her head, looking down, "I'm not hungry," Athena mumbles, pushing the plate that her friend had slowly been adding to the entire time. 

Elliot puts a hand on the girl's shoulder, "Thena, you're gonna get hungry later. You need to eat something," He says softly, but in a caring manner. Athena couldn't help but notice the way Elliot was talking it her, it was as if he's afraid if he spoke in a more stern tone Athena would explode or something.