Part 34

Year 7: Hogshead 

***

"I'm tired," Fred whines, the early morning getting to the Weasley. Athena chuckles, rolling her eyes as he placed his head on her shoulder, moping silently about how unfair it was to wake up early on a weekend. "I know Freddie, but Hermione insisted we get to Hogshead," Athena says softly. 

"What's this meeting even about?" George asks, joining the couple's conversation. Over the past week or so, Hermione had grown to be awfully persistent about getting the four to come to this meeting, so it was natural for George to be curious about the reason why. "Well, you know how Umbridge is rubbish- Harry, Ron, and Hermione decided it would be good if Harry taught us a couple of real things about Defense Against the Dark Arts," Athena answers back. 

A couple of months had passed since their final year at Hogwarts had begun, and a lot of things had changed around the school. Fred and Athena had gotten together- finally, Cedric had woken up from his coma, not that he was in school, or that they'd seen much of him since, but it was a start, and last but not least. 

Umbridge had officially become the person Athena hated the most. 

The girl had thought the teacher was awful from the start, but now she'd become even worse. Her eyes were glued to everyone's every movement- but she especially has it out for Gryffindor. She's placed these new rules and makes sure her approval is needed for everything. 

Worst of all, she has this barbaric way of detention, but luckily, since Umbridge had found out Athena was head girl- she seemed to have backed off the girl, so Athena hadn't earned detention with her yet, even Fred and George, the school's biggest troublemakers had managed to steer clear of getting into trouble. 

Harry, on the other hand, hasn't been so lucky. He'd been getting detention after detention at the start of the year, and Athena went mental when she found out what Umbridge was doing to her brother. Fred had to physically hold Athena back from going and shouting at Umbridge. It took, Athena, Hermione, and McGonagall yelling at Harry for him to finally understand that Umbridge has it out for him and that he needs to stay silent if he wants this year to go by smoothly. 

***

As the four walkthrough Hogsmead, a shiver runs through Athena's spine, as the colder part of the year was now nearing it was getting winder. 

"Are you cold, love?" Fred asks, squeezing her hand even tighter. 

Athena nods slightly, letting go of Fred's hand as she begins to rub her arms for warmth. Fred quickly takes off his coat, putting it over the girl, which made Athena blush, "But now you're cold," She says concerned, crossing her arms at the boy and getting worried for her health.