Part 54

Christmas with the Order

***

The Burrow had been swarming with people by the time Christmas Holiday came around. 

The Weasley's were there, as usual, alongside a few members of the Order that had decided to spend Christmas day thereafter Molly and Arthur had offered at the last Order meeting. 

Isabella was there, she'd managed to take the last few days off of work, not that it was difficult- it wasn't like Xenophilius had her on a tight schedule. Elliot had come to London for the holidays to spend time with everyone, which Athena appreciated dearly, she hadn't seen the boy in months and had missed him greatly. Cedric had left Hogwarts for the Holiday and come here, and Fred, George, and Athena had come as well- for old times sake. 

Sirius, Tonks, and Remus were here as well, and something told Athena that Tonks was here more for her god-father than anything else. 

Since Athena had begun her Auror training program, she and Tonks had grown close, and Tonks had confided in Athena about several things, which included her feelings towards Remus. Their situation had upset Athena, she truly liked Tonks a lot- and believed that a girl like her was exactly who her godfather needed in her life. It was a shame that Remus had believed no one would be able to love him due to the lycanthropy, the man was easily the best person in Athena's life, and it was a shame he couldn't see how great he was.

However, Athena was whipped out of her thoughts when she'd heard her boyfriend's booming laughter. "Oh, Ronniekins! It's hilarious!" Fred cries out, wiping away his tears as Athena looks at Ron- a mortified look plastered across his face. 

Within Ron's hands, there appeared to be a necklace that said 'My Sweetheart' on it. 

Athena couldn't help but stifle a laugh, Ron had noticed the girl's difficulty to stay serious, and sent a glare her way, which made Athena grin sheepishly, "Sorry, Ron, it's just, Lavender seems rather..."

"Clingy?" Hermione finishes for her, an irritated look on her face. 

"Yeah. Clingy- and you don't seem to enjoy that clinginess very much," Athena comments, noticing the sour look on the red head's face. 

Ron takes a moment before speaking, "Er- I dunno, I do like her," He says, although he didn't seem to convince everyone around him much. Hermione's eyebrows furrow at the red-heads words, and Athena sighs- wishing the two of them would just come to terms about their feelings already.

***

"Well, they seem to be getting along great again, don't they?" Elliot says, nudging Athena's shoulder as he took a seat on the empty space on the couch she'd been sitting on. 

Athena smiles brightly, looking at Isabella and Cedric playing Wizarding Chess, Cedric's booming laughter making Athena smile as he watched the muggle-born react to Wizarding Chess. "Yeah, they are," Athena says happily.