unrequited requited love- fre...

By yadadeua

fred weasley and athena potter sort of have a requited-unrequited love for one another, they're so madly in l... More

cast
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Announcement
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Heaven Sent!
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Thank you!!
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
oops...
Part 63

Part 48

749 22 1
By yadadeua

Year 7: Department of Mystery

***

"I can't believe this means we're technically done school," Elliot says, looking at Athena, Cedric, and Isabella. Athena sighs, looking around the place she'd grown to call home these past seven years, "Me too, but thank merlin we're done N.E.W.T.S," Cedric says, "I don't think I could've handled watching Isabella and Athena become more mentally unstable for any longer," He jokes, making the two girls glared at him.

"I'm only joking!" Cedric says defensively, "Er- well kind of." 

Before Athena can scold the Hufflepuff, Hermione comes running up to the four, and Athena certainly didn't like the look on the fifth year's face, "Hermione?" Athena says concerned, "What's wrong?" She asks. 

"We were in the middle of our History of Magic exam, and Harry said he got a vision of Sirius being tortured!" She cries out, making Athena's heart sink to her stomach. How could that happen? Siris is safe, in the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. 

Almost as if Hermoine had read the girl's mind, she begins to speak once again, "I know it sounds totally barbaric- but Harry swears it happened. He didn't want you to know, but I knew you had to- so Ron's distracting Harry right now while I came to get you."--- "But we have to go leave Athena, like right now."

***

When Athena and Hermione get to Harry and Ron, they find Harry shouting at Ron- and he didn't look happy. 

"RON WE HAVE TO GO! I DON'T CARE IF I GO BY MYSELF I WON'T LET SIRIUS DIE!" Harry shouts, his eyes dazed with anger, Ron panic's slight- he was running out of ways to distract the boy, "I know mate!" He exclaims, "But we need Herm-" 

"We're right here Ronald," Hermione says, cutting him off, her voice exasperated by their running. 

Harry's eyes widen when he turns around and finds Athena alongside Hermione, making the girl scoff slightly at her brother, "What? Harry, have you honestly not learned that there's no way you can successfully leave me in the dark?" She says, slightly offended that he wanted to in the first place.

His lips purse into a line, "I just wanted to keep you safe, Athena." He says softly, not looking at his sister, Athena puts her hand on his shoulder, "Harry, how many times do I have to tell you that it's my job to do that, not yours." 

Hermione and Ron glance awkwardly at each other- neither one of them wanting to point out the obvious, "Er- we hate to ruin this heartfelt moment..." Ron begins, "But we really have to get going if we want to save Sirius," Hermione continues quickly for the ginger. 

"Save Sirus, why?" A new voice appears from behind the four, making them turn around to find Ginny, Luna, and Neville. 

"It's none of your business," Harry snaps coldly, causing the three of them to be taken aback by his tone. "There's no need for that tone, Harry." Ginny says, narrowing her eyes slightly at the boy, "I just wanted to know if the three of us can help." She continues

Harry huffs impatiently, "Well you can't!"

"You're being rather rude, Harry," Luna speaks out, looking slightly hurt at her friend's actions towards them. 

Harry decides not to acknowledge Luna's comment, turning around to face Ron, Hermione, and Athena before Hermione decides to speak out, "Wait, Harry! They can help!" Hermione beams, her face suddenly lighting up. 

"Listen," Hermione says sternly, the look on her face showing Luna, Ginny, and Neville that she wasn't joking in the slightest, "Harry, we need to establish whether or not Sirius actually left the headquarters." 

"I told you, I saw it!" Harry argues,

"Harry, please! We don't want to put anyone in danger- there's a chance that's not true!" Athena cries out, speaking out for the first time in a while, "I don't care!" Harry bursts out, "We haven't gotten enough time to figure out whether it's true or not, and I'm not going to sit around and wait for my only family other than Athena to die!" 

Hermione sighs, finally admitting defeat- knowing there's no way she'll overrule Harry. "How do we get to the Department of Mystery, then?" She asks. 

Suddenly, Luna chimes into the conversation.

"We fly of course," 

***

Chills ran through Athena's body as the elevator went up to the Department of Mystery's, Athena didn't know what to expect- she'd never been there before, but she certainly didn't expect this. 

The place was dark, it had an eery feeling to it as well- it's the only source of light were crystal globes, that had been surrounding the entire area. "Erm- this, is where Sirius is being attacked?" Ginny asks, her voice sounded uncertain. 

"Yes," Harry says sharply, "I saw it. It was here." 

The seven of them begin to walk quietly through the area, despite the occasional yelp or whine when Ron or Neville had stepped on someone's foot.

When they got to where Sirius was supposedly near, Harry looks back at everyone, "Okay listen- maybe some of us should stay here as the lookout, and-" Athena cuts him off, "Don't be daft, Harry. That won't do anything, we're coming with you." She says firmly, leaving no room for him to argue. 

Harry sighs, "Fine, but we have to get headed to row ninety-seven."--- "Ninety-seven?" Ron asks in confusion, "Yes- that's where Sirius was in my vision."

The seven begin to walk through the department, passing rows and rows of crystals, still not fully understand their purposes. "Guys! I found it!" Athena exclaims as her eyes land on the ninety-seventh crystal.

"But no one's here?" Neville says confused, glancing back and forth the area to make sure he didn't miss a person. "He should be here," Harry whispers, "Anywhere here... he's close," Harry continues walking, whispering silently to himself about how Sirius should be near. 

Finally, Hermione has enough, "Harry!" She whisper-shouts, "He's not here." She says, trying to get my younger brother to ultimately give defeat. 

Harry finally stops walking, looking at the empty aisles and realizing that Hermione is right- he's not here. 

However, Athena notices that something about where they were didn't feel right, there was something unsettling about the place that she hadn't been able to shake off since they first got there. 

"Guys," Athena calls out. "I don't think we're alone." 

Everyone stays silent after her comment, edging closer and closer to each other, too afraid to speak out in case they were being watched, until something caught Ron's eye. 

"H-Harry," Ron stutters, edging closer to a crystal ball, "This has your name on it," 

"My name?" Harry says confused, getting close towards the ball, observing it- his eyes widening slightly when he realizes it does indeed have his name. 

He goes to pick it up, when Neville suddenly speaks out, "Harry! Don't!" He cries out, his face glimmering with sweat, his eyes laced with fear. "He's right, Harry." Athena says softly, "It could be a trap." 

"But it has my name on it." Harry protests, slowly picking up the Crystal ball off the shelf and putting it into his hands, and looking down at it. 

Suddenly, a voice comes from behind them, startling Athena making her clutch onto Ron's forearm.

"Very good, Potter. Now turn around nice and slowly, and give it to us."

She knew that voice, and she didn't like where she knew it from.

It belonged to Lucius Malfoy. 

***

"To me, Potter," Lucius repeats, his voice sending shivers through Athena's spine, she hated how cold and lifeless it was. 

But Harry doesn't give in, instead, he decides to start talking, "Where's Sirius?" He says, his voice demanding. "You know, you should really be able to tell the difference between dream and reality." The Malfoy father says.

Everyone takes a step back, "You saw only what the dark lord wanted you to see. Now hand me the prophecy." He says coldly.

"You do anything to us and I'll break it." Harry threatens.

Suddenly, a laugh comes from behind Lucius- a laugh so evil and unsettling it causes everyone to tense up slightly. "He knows how to play, itty, bitty, baby Potter." The woman steps out of the shadow, her hair dark and untamed, her face tired and scary- her eyebags prominent. "Bellatrix Lestrange," Neville breathes out, his voice shaking slightly.

Her attention focuses on Neville, "Neville Longbottom is it? How's mum and dad?" She asks.

"Better, now that they're about to be avenged!" He says, taking a step forwards but Harry and Athena put an arm in front of him to block him from going any further.

As much as Athena wanted Neville to get justice for his parents, now was not the time to be making any irrational decisions, especially when their lives were on the line. 

However, it seems that Neville's outburst frightens Bellatrix and Lucius slightly, as they both put up their wands and the Malfoy father puts his hands up almost as if he's in defeat. "Let's- everybody, just calm down. All we want is that Prophecy."

"Why did Voldemort need me to come down and get it?" Harry asks, it was the question that had been on my mind as well. "You dare speak his name!" Bellatrix shouts out, appalled, "You filthy half-blood!"--- "It's alright, you're just a curious young lad, aren't you?" Lucius says, standing in front of Bellatrix slightly.

"Prophecies can only be retrieved by those whom they are made. Which is lucky for you- really, haven't you always wondered what the connection was between you and the dark lord? Why he was unable to kill you when you were only an infant. What was the reason for your scar, all the answers are in your hand, Potter. All you have to do is give it to me, and I can show you."

As Lucius speaks, Death Eaters begin to surround the, Athena clutches her wand even tighter, choosing to ignore her palm sweating and handshaking. 

"I've waited fourteen years,"--- "I know.

"I guess I can wait a little longer," Harry says.

***

"Ron!" Athena cries out, tilting her head towards the direction of a death eater, warning him that they were about to attack him.

The Weasley gives her a thankful smile before heading towards his sister. 

They were in the middle of a fight, they weren't prepared- why should they be? They're children. They don't need to be going through this. But instead, Athena finds Sirius and Bellatrix in the middle of a brawl, Athena's heart freezing slightly when she sees a red flash from Bellatrix's wand get sent Sirius's way, but he ducks it just in time, making a wave of relief go through her. 

Due to her distraction, a death eater begins to charge towards Athena, luckily Tonks sends their wand flying out of their hand before any harm can be caused to the girl. 

Instead of paying any attention to Tonks or the death eater, Athena's eyes are on Sirius and Bellatrix, noticing that the second jolt of light was heading Sirius's way, and she couldn't help but notice how his body was getting closer and closer to the vail, and one wrong move and he'd go flying through it- so Athena begins to run. 

She begins to run faster than she ever had in her life, running so fast that Athena honestly believed her feet would fly off the ground.

She runs, plummeting into Sirius, tackling him and throwing the two of them onto the ground. Her face meets the ground roughly- and she feels a sting appear on the side of her face, but it didn't matter knowing that they'd missed the vail.

Bellatrix looks at Athena with a crazed look in her eyes, the death eater now cackling madly, "Isn't this lovely!" She exclaims, "Now I get to kill not only one traitor! But two!" She continues, pointing her wand at the two of them. 

Athena rushes for her wand, which had flown off of her when she fell to the ground- but luckily it wasn't too far for it, she grabs her wand, "Not today you bitch!" Athena screams, "PETRIFICUS TOTALUS!" She exclaims, watching the death eater fall down to the floor before she can harm either of them.

"You saved my life," Sirius says, his words coming out breathless- but his eyes full of thankfulness. Athena puts a hand on his shoulder once the two stand up, "You're family, Sirius." She says, giving him a short smile. 

"Stupefy!" A voice from behind the two shouts, leaving that to be the last thing Athena heard before the world faded black. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 640 15
james potter and lily evans are in love and hiding it, all their friends know, and lily kind of doesn't want to admit to the fact that she's falling...
91.2K 2.5K 24
And then she fell. Miranda fell right on top of Fred Weasley. He looked up at her directly in the eyes, "I'm sure you wanted to see me and ask you h...
615 6 11
Elle Dawson is an odd girl who likes to get into all kinds of trouble. Elle Dawson However has fallen in love with one of the redheaded trouble maker...
486K 10.1K 25
In which Remus and Sirius fall in love all over again, in so many different ways.