LET ME BE YOUR QUEEN✅✔️

haniyyerh-x által

He is Nabil Muhammad Farouq Suleiman she is Afifah Maryam Habib Suleiman He's so strict and arrogant, Misogyn... Több

Prologue/Author's note/Aesthetes
chapter 1: Family outing
chapter 2: Is she a small child
chapter 3: Savory smell wafting from the kitchen
Chapter 4: the great chefs
Chapter 5: No milk,less sugar
chap 6 : Revealation; you're bethroted since birth
chap 7: Horror movie
chap 8: take your hands off her
chap 9: Do you still like him
chap 10: the knot is tied
chap 11: Dinner party
chap 12: honeymoon???
chap 13; scurrilous to her
chap 14: Men are all shameless
chap 15: scuba diving/Snorkeling
chap 16: two hearts locked in love
chap 17: pianist
chap 18: sightseeing
chap 19: Godmothers
chap 20: site visit
Chap 21: talk of the town
chap 22; Captain
chap 23; truth or dare
chap 24; Responsible man
Chap 25; Ingenue as a wife
chap 26; love is in the air
chap 27; A wife, A sister
Chap 28; Rêve
chap 29; Episode
chap 30; you're the cure
chap 31; Women are strong
Chap 32: father's love
Chap 33; that's called love
chap 34; En colère
chap 35; old version
chap 36; murderously simple
chap 37; Matar yayanta
chap 38; pets lover
chap 39; goo goo eyes
chap 40; Aphrodisiac juice
chap 41; Mastermind behind
chap 42; pampered
chap 43; malice
chap 44; No woman will be like you
chap 45; I'm back
Chap 46; Harassment
chap 47; harassment 2
chap 48; apocalyptic
chap 49; Is it a crime to love??
chap 50; Who is she?
chap 51; the Suleimans
chap 52; a portmanteau
chap 53; Molestation
Chap 54; Red
chap 55; February 14
chap 56; Divorce me!!
chap 57; serendipitous surrender
chap 58; Euphoric ecstasy
chap 59; Blissful Harmony
chap 60; Nenah's taunts
chap 61; Boss lady
chap 62; lachrymose
chap 63; Ephemeral
chap 64; seraphic
chap 65; unforeseen circumstances
chap 66; Brutality
chap 67; seethe
chap 68; Bratty lady
chap 69; Inara
chap 70; Moroseness
chap 71; Orphanage
chap 73; Novaturient
Chap 75; fish, sour, spicy
chap 75; Eudaimonia/Thrilled
chap 77; two buns in the oven
chap 76; Happiness, love, care
chap 78; Trimester
chap 79; The Heirs
chap 80; fruitful ending
epilogue
Author's Note
New book alert

Chap 72; Refusal

334 43 2
haniyyerh-x által

"Are you ready?" he asked, walking into the bedroom for the nth time, this time around he wasn't walking out of the room without her. I Looked annoyed when I found her sitting on the vanity table trying to put on her earrings. "I will be there in two minutes," she said.

"Two minutes of yours that changes into two hours now, just leave that. You don't even need that, you are beautiful just the way you are" he said when he was standing in front of her.

She looked irritated, if only he will let her do what she likes, she will just stand from the chair she was sitting on and throw herself on the bed, if he can be of help, he should drape her over with the blanket because of the cool whether, dropped down the curtains down and off all the lights and let her sleep. "If only you will add three more hours' ' she said, she extended her hand to get her headgear. She knew her wishes will always be wishes, so she folded it into a good way so she can drape it around head. "I really don't want to go there, '' she added, sounding worried.

"Just say I should let you at home, and I'm not going without you. '' he said and she groaned. She continue fixing her headgear while replying, "what is the used of me there, I'm sure that whether I'm there or not, it wouldn't make a difference rather, not me being there will be better for the both of us" she said and went again trying to cajole him into living her at home. To say she was tired will be an understatement, she really needs to sleep. These days, she has been procrastinating. All she needs is a comforter and bed. The world should flip her carelessly. "I don't want to be there, I'm sure they will humiliate me, '' she whined.

"You don't have to worry about it, I assure you today you're not the one to be humiliated" he reassured, but she would believe him, capital NO. She sent him a blank gaze not agreeing with what he said. The day she will go into that house and leave with no harm will be in her dream. She wasn't looking for that though, left to her, she won't ever step her feet in that house for the rest of her life. She wasn't welcome there and she was well aware, so why bother her poor self. She tried all that was in her power to make them like her, but all her efforts were in vain. She stood up and left the closet groggily muttering incoherent words to get her veil.

Opening one side door of her clothing where her veils, hijabs and jilbab were located, she extended her hand to pick a veil that her sight fell on first. It happens to be black on though, she is careless about that. They say black is a neutral color, right?. It wouldn't be bad if she paired it with the orange and dark blue A line gown she put on.

She traipsed out of the closet while fixing the veil in an annoying manner with a thrusted lips, Her pace was slow. When Nabil sighted her, he sighed and pinched the bridge of his eyebrows in annoyance. He casually waltzed to her, collecting the veil from her hand and helping her with it. As if a small girl, he started draping it all over her while she just stood like a mannequin in front of him, leaving him doing whatever he wished on her, like he was dressing up his daughter.

When he finished, she moved towards the mirror to look at herself. She gasped and turned around, she shot a deadliest glare at him. She shrugged and knitted his brows as if not knowing -he asked what's wrong. She looked at the mirror again. It will be an understatement to say she looked like a penguin.

He draped the veil in her like such matan malam's way and even used the edges to knot it around her neck. He burst out laughing, letting the muffles come clear. She also joined him in laughing too, they all laughed like maniacs. When the laughter is about to die down, they will burst out again. "Okay, it's okay let's get going" Nabil tried to say amidst their laughs.
"Like this" she questioned.

"Yes, by the way you looked beautiful" he complimented.

"Lallai ma, sai kace wata tsofuwa." She said while undoing the knots and fixed the veil to her desired way.
She picked the first bag that came to her view, it was a small tote bag and trailed behind him.

They both settle on the car and he drives out of the house to the place of destination. "Have I ever told you how black looks good on you?" he asked, she looked up from the phone in her hand and nodded at him, smiling never letting her face. "When" he asked again, smudging her hand in his enjoying her soft hand. His lips slanted into a cute smile, she seemed like she was thinking before answering, "when we are on our honeymoon, in Bora Bora" she said and smiled too.

He nodded, "It's like the color is just made for you alone, you gave it exact meaning. Never know black will look good on someone this much"he commented and she blushed, she can't believe that just a simple compliment from him will.made her blush hard. "Like the white freak you are right" she teased.

"Well to my rescue, black is a dull color. But you changed its meaning".

They continue chit chatting excitingly on their way, talking about what and whatnot. More like a little gossiping between husband and wife, years back if any one will tell her that. One day she and Nabil will have a Normal conversation one on one. She laughed it away and won't believe it. Because he is still the one she knows, the misogynistic, cold and domineering brother that never lets her day go off without spoiling it. He never lets her rest and enjoys herself when he is at home, it is like she is sitting on needles when he is around.

But now, all she can say is Alhamdulillah. He was like a different person now, he talked, joked, played, teased, and prank. Completely changed person. "I never know that one day Sumayya will still be down, you know," Afifah said amidst laughing.

"I also, Jalil is in trouble ai. Who told him having that girl at home will be fun and now they are two, like mother like daughter" Nabil commented, and they laughed together.

"The girl is just so childish and stubborn, Inara too. I pity him though" she said.

"Let him be, who asked him to date my sister behind my back, I will have informed him who he was sniffing before he courted her" Nabil said mockingly, "barshi ya dandana, he won't do it next time" he added. And that is how they continue chatting until they arrive at their destination, in a warm atmosphere.

Well that just for minutes after they enter the house, a sudden change in Afifah's demeanor could not be hidden. Her hands and feet became cold as her heart was racing out of fear. "I told you nothing will happen, just calm down" Nabil tried to calm her down, caressing their intertwined hands gently.

"I should just wait for you in the car" she said, her eyes not leaving the gargantuan manse, so immaculate painted in white, like no one leaving inside because it has been taken off. Such a beautiful mansion but the people living inside have no beautiful heart. That was just a facade, they say; don't judge a book by its cover, and that exactly defines the building. "I should have just let you at home if I'm going to leave you in the car" he said, he dismounted the car and waltzed to her side of the car. Open the daughter and let her step down. "This gathering, without you, is incomplete. Don't you trust me?" He questioned, he drew his eyebrows. "I did" came her short reply.

"Then let's walk in together, I promise to not let any word throw at you" he promised. Picking her hand in his, he pecked on it before joining them with his intertwined. They walked into the house together with their heads held high. The maid opens the front door for them to get in.

After saying their taslim, Nabil greet Nenah and then Afifah followed by, which she just ignored her's as usual, her eyes was down but she could feel the hotness of their gaze on her that made her hand to clam, Nabil can feel that too since he held it in his. Looking around the spacious living room, mummy was also sitting there with an untold expression, Hajiya Hadiza, Karima, Zara (mummy's younger sister), and some of the family members. They went ahead and greeted them, which was answered by only mummy and Zara warmly.

Nabil gets up from his crouching position making his wife do so before taking a seat at the other end opposite side of Nenah, adjacent to mummy and Hadiza. All eyes never lifted from them, there was a pure silence for almost five minutes before Nenah decided to speak up. "why did you bring her Nabil, I thought I just asked for your presence" she said, sounding calm as ever.

"She is my wife, I can go anywhere with her, however this discussion has to be done in her presence" he answered her, she scoffed but let go. "It's better she is here so she can know her place" Hajiya Hadiza muttered, chirping in.

"Yes of course, everyone will know his place today" Nabil agreed with her, all the while Afifah's heart was palpitating.

"So what is your stand in this, I don't have time to waste on this matter" Neneh said, wishing to just tie everything and end it right there. Knowing that Nabil will never disobey her, she didn't mind the presence of Afifah, her opinion also goes with her daughter too, it is better she is there so she can see how her husband will agree to marry other women in her presence.

"I still stand my ground" Nabil said, though everyone is in confusion, but what is going on in the mind tells them otherwise. "What do you mean you stood your ground, you agreed to marry Karima?" Nenah asked.

The living dropped into a dead silence that even the sound of a pin dropping could be heard. All eyes were on him unless Afifah whose eyes were shut tightly, praying in her mind that it shouldn't be what she was thinking. He assured her that day in the orphanage, she hoped he would keep to that. Her mind is not at rest. Her feet were beating the cold tiles without her even knowing, her hand was trembling. Know one noticed that though, except Nabil and mummy whose eyes were on her since they walked in the room. She silently prays in her mind that her son will do the best things. Both the three of them are her children, it would be bad if she interfered in that. She agrees that her son is wise enough to make the right decision for himself and his wife.

"What I meant is ......" he started but stopped again, keeping them on their toes again, he enjoyed the suspense. Is better to be okay around before he dropped the bomb. "I'm not going to take any second wife after my wife," he said. Sighs and gasps were all heard at once in the living room.

Those calmed sighs came from Afifah, mummy and Zara. All the rest of the people in the living room looked horrified, they couldn't believe their ears. "What do you mean that you are not gonna take a second wife", Nenah bellowed at him, her tone was cold and facial expressions were not good at all. Shooting the most deadliest glare to the both of them. If look can kill, Afifah would be five feet down by now.

"I mean what I said Nenah, I'm spending the rest of my life with my wife" he replied, giving her no room for argument. Mummy never felt proud of her son as that moment. He just proved to her that she raised the perfect man. She also is a woman, and no one will feel good if this happens to her, and to tell she also has suffered the slight of this, she knows it is not easy for anyone, especially her doting daughter.

"Is this woman you called a wife?" Nenah yelled, and that made Afifah flinch on her spot. "Is this a wife, a wife that could birth a child?" she added in a loud voice. Tears started to collect from Afifah's eyes, but she held it back. She promised to never let her guard down In Front of those people, she won't cry again. They know her sore spot, and that's what makes them sprinkle salt in it, but not now, she has to be brave.

"Is there anyone in this living room that can give a child to someone, or is it a person who can give himself a child to say that she failed in that? '' he questioned, making them speechless. "I believe no one can give a child to someone except him, The provider, but if one among you can do so, why not. We will be happy for that too '' he said and shrugged off his shoulder nonchalantly.

"Ni kake gayawa haka Nabil lallai ma, wuyan ka yakai yanka, even your mother can never talk back to me" she shouted at him, pointing a finger at her in exaggeration.

"Nenah I'm not disrespecting you, I just can't stand the insulation throwing at my wife because of something that isn't in her power" he defended himself, whenever he used the word wife, Afifah felt goosebumps all over her body.

"Lallai ma yaron nan" Hadiza muttered, making everyone look at her. She carried on " Nenah is talking and you're talking back at her" she said, now her voice louder than before.

"Kibar yaron nan Hadiza, what should we expect daman, he has to live with this thing she must have taught him all those her habits" said Nenah. Mummy just shakes her head in wonder, she herself doesn't know what makes them hate Afifah this much. All her life, she never sees a girl so obedient and eloquent as Afifah, that makes her to love the girl more than her children.

"Nenah please calm down, you should put all the blame on this girl. Nabil just says the right thing. If Afifah is one of your daughters -or lets say if I am in her place, would you be happy my In laws treat me this way. No one is above this, children are gifts from Allah, he bestowed whomever he likes. It's not your doing that you give births to us, we also it is not our doing we gave birth to our children. Let's not interfere in Allah's doings. '' Zara, Nenah's last born, tried to put some sense in her mother and sister's head.

"Allah Koh malama zara'u" Hadiza speak up immediately, in a mocking way though, "why not you go to the masjid outside, gather people and you preach them, stupid girl, mu Zaki kalla kice wai zakimana wa'azi'' Hadiza insulted her. "As you said, Allah bestowed whoever he likes, is it that he doesn't like her that is why he didn't give her child. Of course yes, who knows how many unborn kids she killed in her womb before she got married" she went on and on spewing rubbish..

Afifah's eyes widen as if they will come out of their socket, she can't believe she can accuse her of something as evil as this just because she hates her. Can any hatred fine pass this one. Nabil chuckles, making them look at him as if he had grown two heads.

He decided to speak up even though he promised to not say anything apart from what he said earlier, he wishes to just let them shout on top of their voice and when they finish he will just take his wife's hand and leave them with a sore throat. But now they seek trouble, he will let that slide away without retorting, without exposing the devil in disguise of an angel, their devoted daughter. "Aunt, I think this question should be thrown at your daughter," he said.

They all looked at him in perplexity, they couldn't fathom what he meant. Behind Hajiya Hadiza, Karima was standing fidgety with her hand nervously. "What do you mean?" Hajiya Hadiza asked with a trembling voice.

"I mean you should ask your daughter, how many unborn kids she killed in her womb," he said boldly, looking her in the eyes. She staggered backwards, bruised by his blow of words. Karima was startled as her eyes rested on the marble tiles, praying in her mind that Nabil would just let that go so as not to expose and humiliate her In Front of everyone. "How dare you accuse my daughter," Hadiza yelled at Nabil, who just smiled smugly and looked away from her.

"She is here In front of you, asked her if I'm accusing her or am telling the truth" he said nonchalantly. Afifah nudged him, as she looked at him. She looks confused not knowing what he was doing. He looked at her and she whispered "what are you doing"

"Just watch the show okay" he said with a reassuring smile on his lips, she nodded and looked away from him back to Karima, who was trembling on her spot.

"Nabil what is all this' ' mummy chirped in for the first time, she can see that more trouble is coming their way. It is better to stop it before it gets out of hand. She knew Nabil was angry with them but he was trying to pass his lane. "Better ask your son because I'm not going to tolerate this insolent behavior in my home," Nenah said.

Nabil shook his head, they called this insolent, what of all what they were saying to his wife. A compliment? "Nenah, let the girl talk" he uttered tiredly, he was exhausted because of all these arguments and shouts, he could feel a headache coming. Eyes all turned to the direction of Karima, she shuddered and remained muted. She could look up, she kept fidgeting with her hands nervously. Nervous will be an understatement of what she felt, she wishes the ground would just open up and swallow her so she can be free from what she will encounter.

"Well" Nabil started again, he heaved a sigh. "Let me help you and do the talking," he added.

This time around, they returned their eyes from Karima back to him again, waiting for him to talk. "The girl you are all forcing me to take as a second wife just so she can give me a child as you said my wife couldn't give me that, she is completely barren" he drop the bomb.

Gaspes, exclamation and murmuring and a horrified and surprised expression took over all the faces of the people in the living room. He went on, "she becomes barren as a result of all the abortion she had been doing"

"WHAT", Nenah, Hadiza, mummy and Zara all said in unison.

"Yes, you all put your eyes only on Afifah, she cannot do any slight things without you criticizing it. Saying all those dirty words to her leaves the girl in front of your eyes doing whatever she feels good. Roaming around the streets, from this lecturer's office to that, that boyfriend to that. She sells her body for good grades and money" he said, tears came gushing out of karima's eyes.

"Aunt, have you ever asked how your daughter got all those grades after knowing she isn't at any step close to a brilliant student? All people in this room knows how slow of a Learner she is, and yet nobody cares, all you eyes is on Maryam, the girl that achieve all her dreams with her hard work, she works day and night, skip meals, have a sleepless night just so she can reach her dream but All you think is she get that in battering herself in exchange. How silly" he said and let out a light chortle. He pulled his wife up, wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm staying with my wife, with or without a child, no one can come in between us. No one." He repeated coldly, "if you excuse us" he said and he walked with his wife away, leaving them awestruck. Eyes never let their retreat figure until they can not see them. And now they all looked back at Karima with a short burning gaze. Karima crouched down in tears and regret, crying hysterically.

*****

Hey guys, how are you doing?

Afternoon update.
Confession; I love this chappy so much 😌🥺.

Who saw that coming, oh and Karima. I really don't want the outcome to be that way but the wicked part of me do the writing. Sorry!.

Anyway, for those who can't wait for the slow update, the book is already wrapped up and available at on selar and okada books, I will drop the link to it later on my profile. I'm having some issues with my wattpad that so the slow update.

Have a nice a day.

Chiao

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

31.7K 1.8K 34
Fadila Ahmad: A middle-class damsel. Sweet, intelligent, lovely, and down to earth in her own small world, always happy. Who only sees marriage as an...
62.5K 2.1K 41
Rohaan Dilawar Azeem Practicing Muslim Aspiring Lawyer Obedient Son and Loving Brother Passionate about career Hareem Raza Habib Practicing Muslimah ...
226K 28.4K 72
"do you know the meaning of your name?"her father asked "yes,you told me.....an angel"she replied "you are my and your mother's angel"he said with...
132K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...