LET ME BE YOUR QUEEN✅✔️

By haniyyerh-x

He is Nabil Muhammad Farouq Suleiman she is Afifah Maryam Habib Suleiman He's so strict and arrogant, Misogyn... More

Prologue/Author's note/Aesthetes
chapter 1: Family outing
chapter 2: Is she a small child
chapter 3: Savory smell wafting from the kitchen
Chapter 4: the great chefs
Chapter 5: No milk,less sugar
chap 6 : Revealation; you're bethroted since birth
chap 7: Horror movie
chap 8: take your hands off her
chap 9: Do you still like him
chap 10: the knot is tied
chap 11: Dinner party
chap 12: honeymoon???
chap 13; scurrilous to her
chap 14: Men are all shameless
chap 15: scuba diving/Snorkeling
chap 16: two hearts locked in love
chap 17: pianist
chap 18: sightseeing
chap 19: Godmothers
chap 20: site visit
Chap 21: talk of the town
chap 22; Captain
chap 23; truth or dare
chap 24; Responsible man
Chap 25; Ingenue as a wife
chap 26; love is in the air
Chap 28; Rêve
chap 29; Episode
chap 30; you're the cure
chap 31; Women are strong
Chap 32: father's love
Chap 33; that's called love
chap 34; En colère
chap 35; old version
chap 36; murderously simple
chap 37; Matar yayanta
chap 38; pets lover
chap 39; goo goo eyes
chap 40; Aphrodisiac juice
chap 41; Mastermind behind
chap 42; pampered
chap 43; malice
chap 44; No woman will be like you
chap 45; I'm back
Chap 46; Harassment
chap 47; harassment 2
chap 48; apocalyptic
chap 49; Is it a crime to love??
chap 50; Who is she?
chap 51; the Suleimans
chap 52; a portmanteau
chap 53; Molestation
Chap 54; Red
chap 55; February 14
chap 56; Divorce me!!
chap 57; serendipitous surrender
chap 58; Euphoric ecstasy
chap 59; Blissful Harmony
chap 60; Nenah's taunts
chap 61; Boss lady
chap 62; lachrymose
chap 63; Ephemeral
chap 64; seraphic
chap 65; unforeseen circumstances
chap 66; Brutality
chap 67; seethe
chap 68; Bratty lady
chap 69; Inara
chap 70; Moroseness
chap 71; Orphanage
Chap 72; Refusal
chap 73; Novaturient
Chap 75; fish, sour, spicy
chap 75; Eudaimonia/Thrilled
chap 77; two buns in the oven
chap 76; Happiness, love, care
chap 78; Trimester
chap 79; The Heirs
chap 80; fruitful ending
epilogue
Author's Note
New book alert

chap 27; A wife, A sister

418 49 0
By haniyyerh-x

Sitting like an unwanted guest, she maintain her limit, she haven't uttered any word apart the greetings she said earlier and they also neglected her, conversing between themselve which left her with nothing than to glance here and there, she will have walk out but she knew the moment she stand up, they will fire on her, insulting her even her parent wouldn't be left behind. All side talks, hisses through her way, snickering and all kind of insolent behavior they were showing was draining her energy, she was becoming impatient bit by bit. Sometimes she felt mummy doesn't belong to this family, because there were far many disparateness between them except the facial resemblance.

Hajiya Sa'adatu, call Nenah by her children and grandchildren, a senile woman in her seventies, mother of five children, Alhaji Aminu her first son, then Gen Abubakar, Hajiya Zainab; Mummy the most sweetheart and caring among her children, Hajiya hadiza and then her last born Zara'u.
She is a thing of mighty and ferocious, retired professor in the field of economics. She walked with grace and majesty, her husband Late Gen Alkali Bawa, died in his late Sixties, carbon copy of Hajiya Zainab, she inherited all her personalities from him.

Sitting amongst her children and grandchildren, daughter in-laws and granddaughter in-law too, they were all surrounding her, chattering happily, a beautiful smile adorned her face but that smile will turn to scorn everytime her eyes fall on Afifah. Her intense misprision were prominent, the woman's eyes was so mysterious that makes Afifah want to pee in her pant, she want to flee from there but there wasn't an aperture for her to pass, she wish she can evanesce from their but all her wishes were in vain, she wasn't welcome there and she is very well aware of that but she can't say no to mummy. Yesterday night, she asked them to visit their grandmother, she was sick do they should check on her and also they never visit since when they got married.

Some snarl at her, other insinuate while some say it openly, the mere ones just hiss and roll their eyes through her way, the harassment was too much for her, she shut her eyes trying to calm her self. She felt a hand intertwined with hers, she find it soothing and tranquil which calm her nerves, the hand was so soft yet hard which makes her feel protected, still and all, it sent an electrifying shiver down her spine. Opening her eyes, she looked at her right, her eyes lost in his, she saw serenity and caring in his. He is apologizing, and his smile make her forget all her worries, she find her self smiling too because of how infectious his smile was.

He was in the middle conversation with his Nenah when he felt the need to sooth his wife, when they finished their little staring contest, they look around them where all firing eyes were on them, that makes Afifah agitated, she move nervously on her seat. She looked up at Nenah whose eyes were on their intertwined hands, a big frown on her face which will make you run away from her and that hagridden her. She nervously wiggle her hand from his and stood up, intending to go to the washroom. "Where do you think you are going" a strident voice interrupted her which make her sat back immediately.

"Infront of me" she bellowed which made Afifah flinched, "So Nabil this cocotte teaches this abominable character of her's" Nenah said, Afifah's eyes that were already brim with tears stream down. Those words weren't new to her, they called her names that ears can take it, they always questioned her Chasitity and they know it is just their hatred towards her that made them asked. Nabil couldn't sit still letting them tarnish his wife repute. He wrapped his arm around " I'm sorry Nenah but she is my wife that you're insulting" He spoke up.

"Lallai Nabil, you have grown up" She said coldly, her eyes narrowed. "Wannan abun kake Kiran ta matarka, kayi asara amma ; this thing you're calling your wife, what a waste" she said pointing at Afifah.

He secured her perfectly in his arms, in a protective ways, she kept on weeping that she spoiled his shirt, he can feel her tears in his chest which where interpreting through his shirt,he patted her back, soothing her but her tears aren't stopping which made his heart ached. "And you too" she said pointing at her again "since you force yourself into his arms, you better do away with this your unchasteness behavior before you infect my grandchild" she accused

"If she haven't already" Hajiya hadiza who was enjoying the show chimed in.

"It all Zainabu's fault, there are many elegant ladies in our family but she stoop so low for her one and only son" Nenah said angrily "Kai Kuma Nabil, you should continue following her until she kill you, once beaten twice shy" she added to him. All this happened because of her profession, they said for a modest lady, business world isn't preferable to her and due to her progress they think she was bartering her self in return.

"Why Mama, you should let this girl breath mana" mummy's younger sister Zara interfered, she alway have a soft spot for Afifah just like mummy. "'comon shut up there" Nenah yelled at her.

"We are leaving" Nabil said, picking up his wife and they walked out together. They continue uttering some disgusting word at their back but they pay no heed to it. Nabil would have talk back to them if not they were his elders so he let them be but he will report them to his mother so she can talk to them.

He settled her in the car, putted her seat belt before moseying to his side. Sitting on his side he started apologizing, wiped away her tears. "I'm sorry stop crying please" and like he is adding fuel to the fire, she kept on crying. "Please stop crying it's breaking my heart" he said and she looked up immediately, he nodded at her and embraced him tightly and he didn't hesitate to hug her back, stroking her back lovingly.

When she stop crying, he give her some water, he smiled at her. "I'm so sorry of their insolent behavior, don't take their word to heart" he pleased her and she nodded. "I'm sorry I spoiled your shirt" she said wiping his chest which makes him feels like she canoodle him. "You don't have to worry about that, we are going to home any way" he said igniting his car

He drove them back home, she rest on her seat due to how she cried alot,her head was throbbing badly. "Your head ache" he asked when he saw her rubbing her head. "Badly" she muttered.

"Let go to hospital then" he said, looking at her worriedly "No I just need to sleep" she replied. "You sure about that, we better go" he insisted but shook her head, relaxing on her seat. He was worried sick about her that his facial appearance can tell, his eyebrows knitted together, a big scowl marring his handsome face, in angst.

Driving into their house, shouting, chattering, chucking was heard from the  front door, they already knew who were they since they already informed them upon their arrival. Immediately they step in, they were so awestruck with how their living change, they gasped in awe, they transform the living room with much decorations, it look so splendid and marvelous. "Happy six months anniversary" an uproars bring them back to the reality. They looked at their siblings astonishingly. They approached them popping a Champaign, cheering happily, they surprised them by preparing anniversary party for them. "Ya...." Sumayya started but shut her mouth immediately when she saw Afifah's face "What happened to you sisi" she said worriedly, touching her face and neck feeling her temperature which has raising already. Seeing her reddened eyes she knew she cried "I told mummy not to send you there but she was hell bent on making things right between you which I know will never be" Sumayya said angrily.

"Sumayya it okay I......" She started but angry bird wasn't ready to hear that, so she cutted her off "don't tell me it okay Afi, nothing is okay look at how they made you cry and ya Nabil" she turn to him "why do you let her cry when you are together with her, aren't she your wife why didn't you protect her. Isn't she your sister before before she became your wife can't you defend her, if it was me then you will do worst than that kenan, see how puffy her eyes are, her temperature is high too " she reprimanded him too, his expression is worth watching. Again caressing Afifah's face. "I'm so sorry habibty, sweety, sweetheart, darling  oh my baby" she kept on sweet talking, caringly. The rest people in the living room laughed out loud, seeing her acting like a grandma make all of them laughed, even Nabil chortled.

"So you are laughing at me and ya Nabil too" she asked her hand akimbo. She never like them even though they are her maternal relatives but most of them are arrogant, they were more affluent than her paternal relatives. Even though they are also opulent but they were nicer and kind-hearted. They never get along with with Karima too, she hate charlatan behavior and Karima was so much into it, being gaudy wasn't her things.

"Don't worry Sumayya, I'm fine" Afifah assured her "what a beautiful decorations we got here" she said trying to change the topic, Sumayya knew she was trying to flip the talk but let it be because they have a celebration to make. "Don't outsmart me I will let that be for now, let celebrate your six months anniversary", Afifah wasn't surprised at all because she already knew that today was their six months of marriage. She dragged them toward the arranged table, a cake was place on surrounding with rose flowers. "Let cut the cake" Khalid said enthusiastically, he can't wait to devour the cake.

Holding a small cute knife together, they cut the car gladly, Nabil feed her first before she did the same too. She feed Khalid then. "Ma Sha Allah, may you live happily together" Amara said looking at the beautiful pictures she took, they all chorus Aameen. A soft music was played, they eat,drink, dance and enjoy themselves to the fullest which made Afifah forgot what happened earlier, seeing her siblings makes her happy.

#########

Late night update 🎉 who is awake

Heaving a sighed of relief

Mind you it wasn't edited, got tired so I update it.

And it's their six months anniversary

This chapter mainly concerned how brutality Mummy's relatives treat Afifah, hope you enjoy it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 22.2K 34
(Editing in process) Salmah, is a normal girl from a normal family with nothing extraordinary about her. She happens to fall in love with Ammar. The...
120K 13.3K 32
COMPLETED English/Hausa For someone who has never had it easy in life, Labiba believed her world has finally come to an end when she was practically...
224K 32.8K 84
"Start packing your belongings, you're leaving right before my husband leaves for work. I'm sorry." Maryam said and sauntered back to their room, lea...
10.9K 672 62
Assertive, decisive, aloof, astute, logical - Tayyib. Cheerful, extroverted, curious, optimistic, rebellious- Nadira. Opposites attract when working...