Faith (Islamic Fic)

By MarwaaMalik

"When two opposites are put together, will they repel or attract?" Iman Salah is a very religious girl with t... More

Faith
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author Note *Important*
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Epilogue

Chapter 43

1.8K 109 15
By MarwaaMalik

~Youssef’s P.O.V~

  To say that my life is perfect is an underestimation to what I’m feeling right now.

  For the first time in my life, everything is going my way. I have more friends than I can remember their names, I have a beautiful girlfriend who I hang out with daily, I’m practically an online celebrity thanks to Zayn and as for my siblings they have been laying off of me lately.

  Each of them busy with their own lives; Ayman has been working on a new deal for the company so he has been working extra hours and I rarely even see him now, and Iman has been busy with Yasmin around the house.

  One thing that hadn’t changed was my daily meetings with Sheikh Ibrahim. I still had to go to those. He was a cool guy I can’t deny that, but I had better things to do with my time. Plus I don’t see the purpose of going there anymore.

  Laying on my bed, I was contemplating whether I should pretend to be sick to avoid my meeting with the sheikh today or should I just suck it up and go. I’m having one of those lazy days where I just want to spend my day in bed doing nothing, just texting my girl all day.

  Speaking of my girl, I felt my phone vibrate under my pillow. Unlocking it, I read the message from ‘My babe’. Yes, I’m that corny;

   My babe;Morning babe ;)

  Smiling like an idiot, I hit that reply button;

   Jo; ‘Morning sexy ;) did you sleep well yesterday?

  My babe; ‘Not really. :(

  My babe; ‘Someone kept texting me all night and I had to wake up early to do some things for my dad -.-‘

  Jo; ‘You texting other guys… plying around much O.o’

  My babe; ‘Shut up. It was you jerk -.-‘

  Jo; ‘IK, I’m just messing with you.’

  My babe; ‘well, I’m hella tired and I still have loads of stuff to do today :(‘

  Jo; ’Aw, I’m sorry babe. How about I make it up to you today with a surprise ;)’

  My babe; ‘A surprise? What is it?’

  Jo; ‘It won’t be a surprise if I told you ;)’

  My babe; ‘hmm.. fine :(. Come surprise me then. :D’

  Jo: ‘Come surprise me? Really? What kind of surprise is that? I won’t tell you when.’

  My babe; ‘So you are gonna torture me all day? :(‘

  Jo; ‘It’s gonna be worth it. Promise. ;)’

  Hearing a light knock on my door, I quickly locked my phone and hid it under the covers as my heart pumped hard in my chest from the mini panic attack I had.

  “Youssef,” Iman said in a low voice entering the room, “Are you up?”

  “Yeah, Iman.” I replied pulling a small smile.

  “It’s almost 8. C’mon or you are going to be late for your meeting with the sheikh.” She said sitting next to me on the bed.

  “Can I skip today? I’m not feeling so great.” I easily faked a sick voice frowning a little and trying to give her a puppy eye look to master my role even though she caught on my act every single time.

  She placed the back of her hand on my forehead for a few seconds before giving me a frown, “You don’t feel warm.”

  “Yeah, it’s my stomach. It feels weird.” I looked down faking a hurt expression while holding my stomach, trying my best to convince her I was really ill. It was like I wanted to skip school all over again.

  “Did you eat something bad?” She asked concern lacing her voice.

  “I don’t know.” I faked a pout.

  “No one had any problem with the food yesterday so it’s not food related Youssef. Now tell me why you really want to skip today’s meeting?” she gave me one of her looks that says ‘I know what you are doing and it’s not working’.

  “No, I’m really sick.” I tried again not losing hope on my lie.

  “Youssef?” She quirks a brow at me giving me that stern look making me gulp.

  “Fine,” I sigh in defeat. No matter how good I become at lying she always catch me, “The meetings are getting boring. Like why are they taking this long for?”

  “They are to help you improve. Improving takes time.” She used her sweet voice to convince me but I was too annoyed to even listen.

  “It’s been more than a month. I’ve improved enough.” I rolled my eyes.

  “Don’t be arrogant. Life I a constant journey of improvement.” She said sternly but I just rolled my eyes at how cliché she is. Why does she always have to put shove those fancy quotes she loves so much in my face like that.

  “I don’t see you going to an improvement meeting every day.” I snorted at her.

  “I used to take them when I was a teenager.” I could see her patience warring thin with my attitude but I didn’t care. It was unfair that I had to waste a couple of hours every day on those stupid meetings anyways.

  “You are only 20, technically still a teenager.” I raised a challenging brow at her.

  “I’d love to come join you on those meetings. I miss the sheikh and his wise words,” She sighed looking at me sadly, “but I have to take care of you, Ayman and Yasmin. As well as going to my job on the day time and making sure, the house is always clean and the food is always ready on time.” She pulled a simple smile.

  “Yeah right, so you are too busy for those meetings but I’m not? I have better things to do and I’m always missing out on things because of those meetings.” I raised my voice slightly as my anger and annoyance took over me.

  “Don’t you dare raise your voice when you talk to me.” She snapped at me making me blink in surprise. She never snapped at me like that before. She would always be stern but she would never lose her patience with me.

  “I’m growing sick and tired of your attitude. You always roll your eye while talking to me. You become annoyed and yell at me like I’m your friend. You have no respect for me or Ayman anymore and I can’t take it. You either talk to me with manners and respect or don’t talk to me at all.” She stormed out side of my room. She looked really pissed.

  I was shocked by her words. Iman had never yelled at me before nor had she ever just stormed out like that. I don’t know how to feel. I’m confused. Did this really just happen?

***

Iman’s P.O.V~

  I don’t know how I did what I did, I never yelled at Youssef before. I always scolded him or tried to be patient with him but today I lost it.

  My heart hurts from the way I acted with him, I saw how he was hurt that I yelled at him and almost immediately I wanted to cave in and say I’m sorry for yelling but I couldn’t.

  I always baby him like that and maybe that’s what made him the way he is right now. Maybe if I stopped treating him like a lost child he would be a better person. A real man, like Ayman.

  Youssef never had a single responsibility in his life, even the simple things as doing a choir or helping around the house I would do that for him. I always made sure he had everything he needed, he never had to work for a thing in his life.

  Maybe that’s why he turned out so spoiled. Maybe that’s why he thought it was okay to yell at me like that or give me that attitude for the last couple of months. I should be sterner with him. He need to learn respect.

  My thoughts consumed me and suddenly the house felt too small, like the walls were suffocating me so I decided to go to the bookshop a little earlier.

  Walking to the shop, I noticed some weird in the street. There were grown men with expensive looking professional cameras just sat on the side walk, talking or having a smoke they were waiting for something to happen.

  It was strange seeing the small crowd. I knew it had something to do with Zayn because he was the only interesting thing in this neighborhood but I’ve been living here for a couple of months now and no one had ever came to his house for pictures before. Well, maybe except for Yasmin.

  The whole situation only caught my attention for a few seconds before my mind began to race with thoughts again about Youssef making my heart feeling heavy and sad.

  Once I got to the library, I took a deep breath taking in that amazing smell of fresh baked cakes and old books. It immediately soothes me.

  Walking inside, I heard the small talk noises stop as both Mazen and that girl Mira stop talking to see who walked in.

  I pulled the best polite smile I could manage to make as I greeted them with a simple ‘Al Salam Alykum.’

  “Hello.” Mira replied giving me quick look then turned her gaze back to Mazen to continue their conversation, “As I was saying, what you said is going to be hard to achieve. I nee-“

  “Iman, why are you here so early. Is everything alright?” Mazen asked me with concern interrupting Mira who gave me a weird look.

  “Yeah, everything is fine. I just wanted to come read for a while. If you don’t mind of course.” I tried my best to be as polite as possible even though I felt weird being here now. I forgot Mira would be here.

  “Of course I don’t. Do you want a muffin with that book? I promise you mama is improving.” He chuckled making me smile a little without realizing. I don’t know, something about being in the same place as Mazen makes me happy inside.

  “I wouldn’t want to take the customers’ muffin.” I tried to be nice feeling a bit guilty for always eating for free.

  “Oh, please. Just admit you don’t like mama’s baking.” He snorted teasingly and I immediately felt my cheeks heat in embarrassment.

  “Oh god, no. I just… I meant.. They are lovely and I don’t want them to be wasted on me.” I mumbled fast feeling embarrassed.

  “Don’t be silly, she values your opinion.” He insisted as he already went to get me one and that’s when I realized the look on Mira’s face.

  She was sending me a death glare that made me feel so self-conscious and a little embarrassed. She must be judging me right now for how I’m acting with my boss. It was totally inappropriate. I always forget he was my boss as I let myself loose. I need to learn my boundaries.

 ****

A/N

Updated, yaaaaay.

I literally was aiming for something else as I wrote this. I planed some Zayn action but then I got carried away -.-

Maybe next chapter.

BTW so sorry about my update schedule its just school sucks man. I have a quiz tomorrow and after tomorrow I think I have an oral quiz… not sure :( 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 870 32
Inaya Hussein is a happy go to 20-year-old studying medicine wanting to make her parents proud. Religion plays a huge part in her life. Her two best...
334K 29.2K 51
Two sisters. Two brothers. As different as polar opposites...but then, doesn't the saying go "like poles repel and opposite poles attract"? It sure d...
1M 56.5K 66
"Look Ayan...," I started, ready to announce my decision, "I know your brother is a total weirdo and can't do romance and stuff but I can't ignore hi...