unrequited requited love- fre...

By yadadeua

fred weasley and athena potter sort of have a requited-unrequited love for one another, they're so madly in l... More

cast
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Announcement
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Heaven Sent!
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Thank you!!
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
oops...
Part 63

Part 55

596 18 2
By yadadeua

Aftermath 

***

The aftermath of the Burrow getting burnt down had hit everyone, and it had hit them hard. 

The situation had put a dimmer to the rest of the Christmas Holiday, as the rest of it was spent helping the Weasley family- with the exception of George, Fred, and Bill, move into Grimmuald Place, which Sirius was more than happy to offer to them after what had happened.

Sooner or later, Ron, Ginny, Hermione, and Harry had returned to Hogwarts, and Athena was reluctant to the fact that they'd be so far away again, especially after what had just happened. But her worries had calmed down slightly knowing that Cedric would be alongside them.

"Athena?" Elliot asks, snapping the girl out of her thoughts.

After the fire, Elliot had decided to extend his visit to London, helping the Weasley's move in as he'd grown fond of them during the Holidays. And was considering moving back after the year was finished. He could just as easily find a job regarding Alchemy in London as he could in Germany; which made Athena happy, but also wished it wasn't under such horrible circumstances. 

"Yeah?" Athena says, "Erm- sorry, I've been thinking," She continues, shaking her head as she takes another sip of her coffee. "About?" Elliot asks. 

"The fire, it's just- Bellatrix did it to harm Harry, or at least that's what the Order thinks. And I think that the realization is finally hitting me, that there's going to be a lot of people after him. My own brother, Elliot. I don't know what to do, and how to protect him. All I want is to hide him away from the world, lock the two of us in some small house in the middle of nowhere so no one can hurt him." 

The girl had felt many emotions since the fire, guilt because she was partially the reason the Burrow had burnt down. Worry, because it was clearer now than ever that Voldemort is after Harry and fear. Athena was scared, for the first time in her life, Athena was truly and utterly scared shitless of the fact that there would be an upcoming war.v 

Elliot puts his hand over Athena's, noticing her eyebrows had furrowed together in the midst of all her worry, "Look, Harry's in Hogwarts right now. There's nothing that could hurt him there, right? Plus, in the summer he'll officially be 17, so he doesn't have to go back to the Dursley's, he'll be safe- he'll be with us." 

The girl takes a sharp breath, giving her friend a small smile, "Yeah, you're right Ellie. No point in worrying." She says. 

However, the true problem was trying to actually convince herself of the fact.

***

Once Athena had arrived home, she was surprised to find their home surprisingly hectic. 

George had been running around the entire flat, doing multiple things at once; buttoning up his shirt, cleaning up their flat, combing his hair. And at the same time, all that could be heard was Fred's laughter at his brother's expense, sitting on the couch with an amused look on his face as his brother continued to clean hastily. 

Athena drops her keys on the counter, the sound of the keys clattering with the marble countertop making Fred focus on his girlfriend instead, his mood instantly perking up at the sight of her. "Hi love, how was coffee with Elliot?" He asks. 

"Good, it's nice having him around again," Athena answers shortly, wanting to speak more about their outing, as for the most part, it had been pretty good- until she allowed her worries to get the best of her. Although, the girl was too distracted by her best friend's odd behavior, "Erm, what's wrong with George?" She asks, looking at the boy who was cleaning in a trance-like way. 

"Bree's coming over," Fred says, his voice in a teasing manner, "So, guess who's meeting her!" He continues, looking at Athena, in which she responded with wide eyes, "We're meeting Georgie's girlfriend!" She belts out, matching Fred's energy.

George looks over at his brother and Athena, watching the two as their bursting out into an awful victory dance- making it horribly clear that neither one were skilled dancers. And at that moment, George thought two things. One, how much he regretted making the decision to live with the two of them. And two, how moments like these reminded him of how perfect Fred and Athena truly are for each other. 

Bree and George had met a month back when Bree had gone to Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. Apparently, George had helped her with finding one of their products, and the two had really hit it off- so much so that they'd gone on a few dates, and were now together. George seemed to really like the girl as well because each time he spoke of her in front of Fred and Athena, he seemed completely in awe of the girl. 

However, Athena's happiness is quickly replaced with annoyance, "You gits couldn't have told me earlier?!" She exclaims, looking at the two twins, "Now I have to find something nicer to wear!" She shouts out, looking down at her sweatpants and Quidditch jersey. 

"You have 15 minutes, my love!" Fred shouts out, watching Athena run to their room, peep her head out of their door frame, and stick her middle finger at him. 

***

When Athena had finished changing, she assumed Bree had already arrived, considering that conversation and laughter had filled up their flat outside of her and Fred's room. 

Athena hadn't dressed up too fancy, although she upped her fanciness slightly from what she had worn when she'd gone out with Elliot. Although Athena wasn't too worried considering Fred had worn grey sweatpants and a crewneck. George had worn a button-up and jeans, while Athena had worn one of Fred's sweaters, which was far too big on her, and some leggings. 

A smile etched onto Athena's face when she came outside, watching Fred, George, and Bree chat happily at their kitchen table. "You must be Bree!" Athena exclaims happily, making the three pay attention to her instead of their conversation. Bree stands up from her seat, and Athena happily heads over to the girl and embraces her in a hug, which made Bree visibly relax, as she'd been most nervous to meet Athena, as George had spoken very highly of his best friend, "And you must be Athena!" She exclaims. 

Athena slipped into the seat next to Fred, and he must have noticed Athena wearing his sweater, because the Weasley leans into her ear, speaking ever so quietly so only she could hear, "Did you wear my clothes to distract me, Potter?" He teases, making Athena blush heavily. 

She feels her blood rush to the tips of her ears, narrowing her hazel eyes at her boyfriend's dark brown ones, "Not everything is about you, Weasley," She teases, smirking slightly as she tried to ignore the excitement rushing to her core and the bludge slightly appearing in her boyfriend's sweatpants. 

Truth be told, she might have worn his clothes on purpose. The two of them had been so stressed lately with everything happening and were in desperate need to release their tension. Plus, Athena knew that Fred was never good at keeping himself composed when he saw Athena in his clothes, something about it always made him want to take her right then and there. 

"So Athena, the name is greek, right?" Bree asks, her words snapping both Fred and Athena out of their racy thoughts. 

Athena clears her throat, hoping that neither George nor Bree had noticed how red she and Fred had become, and nodded at the girl's words, "Yeah, it is!" She says, surprised that someone had even noticed the fact. 

It was rare for anyone to know where Athena's name originated. No one in Hogwarts knew about Greek Mythology with the exception of muggle-borns and a few half-bloods, so Athena was happy that Bree did. "Apparently, my mum used to be super into Greek Mythology growing up, got my dad obsessed with it too once they started dating, even though he was a pure-blood. It was between naming me, Athena or Aphrodite."  She says, the fact surprising George. 

"You could've been Aphrodite?!" George exclaims, looking at Athena with wide eyes, his shocked reaction making the girl laugh, "Yes... why?" She asks. 

George scoffs, as if his reasoning was obvious, "There are so many different nicknames I could have given you! 'Dite', 'Aphro', 'Ditie' There isn't much to work with when it comes to Athena!" He says.

However, while George had begun to loudly list the possible nicknames he could've given Athena if she'd been named differently, Fred had been busy in his own thoughts. Shifting uncomfortably every now and then, as a certain tent in his pants had appeared after seeing Athena in his clothes. 

Athena looks at her boyfriend, who'd been awfully quiet since the subject of her name had been mentioned, and noticed his face- flushed red, jaw clenched, and breathing deep. Her eyes trail down to his thighs, noticing the problem that had appeared after Fred had seen her in his clothes. 

Athena's smirk deeps, finding herself getting cockier with the situation as it furthered. "Having any problems, Freddie?" Athena coos innocently, fluttering her eyelashes at the boy. 

Her question making Bree and George- who had been seemingly oblivious to the whole situation, look over at the other couple, "Yeah, you alright, Freddie?" George asks his brother, curious as to why there was frustration written all over his face. 

"Just peachy," The boy grits through his teeth, looking over at Athena, and biting the inside of his cheek, and that's when Athena knew. 

She was done for. 

***

A/N: Yes the GIF above is Naomi Scott, she's who I fan casted for Bree!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

666 0 35
A story between the two lovebirds Fred Weasley and Y/F/N (your full name) they meet and instantly clicked Together. Their love was the best to be. P...
37.1K 1K 14
Athena Bennett & Fred Weasley are in love- everyone knows that. But Athena gets constantly tired of Fred's flirting with the new girl at Number 12 Gr...
19.9K 703 54
When Fred and George find a Ravenclaw student needing help, they come to her rescue without a second thought. The Weasley twins inject themselves int...
12K 415 18
A prank gone wrong ends with a prestigious Hogwarts student spending her holidays with the Weasley family. The Weasley twins learn about Percy's riv...