Prologue Five

After many tiring hours of males overcrowding the infirmary and an orange-haired male trying to take pictures of the ravenette, classes have finally ended. It was time for students to head back to their dorms to do whatever they do, but Mayumi and Grim had to stay.

The girl had to stay back in the infirmary and treat the last remaining students who actually did have headaches in the beginning. She gave them one final check-up and eventually sent them back to their dorms. Then, she had to clean.

It took less than 30 minutes for the ravenette to finish cleaning all the materials used, putting them away, and fixing the beds used. 

Once she was done, she walked down the halls, hoping to find Grim and Ace already cleaning the windows. But as she passed the cafeteria, she heard Grim shouting about Ace while the two Divine Children who helped him curiously stared at him.

"Grim, what are you doing here? I thought you were cleaning the windows with Ace." she asked, tilting her head. 

Grim quickly turned towards the dark-haired girl and jumped onto her shoulder. "He skipped out!! I'm not gonna let him get away with putting all the punishment on me! I'm already tired from all the cleaning!" the cat shouted.

Mayumi's eyes narrowed, pissed that Ace ignored her warning. He was asking to be punished. 

"Is that so. Well, let's go look for him and make him face his punishment" she glanced at the Divine Children and smiled at them. 

"Thank you for helping Grim! You two may go" the ice children hugged the girl's legs and then disappeared.

"Lead the way Grim."

---

"Orraaaaa! Where's Ace?! We're not gonna let you hide away!" Grim shouted as Mayumi looked around the classroom they were in, not seeing any students. 

"Ah, there's nobody here?!" the cat yelled.

"No. I'm here" The ravenette and the cat turned to face an old portrait of a man who looked like he was from the 18th Century.

"Ahhhhhhh!! The picture talked!!" Grim screamed out and jumped onto Mayumi's arms who was staring at the picture in amazement. 

"Woah~ Just like Hogwarts." she whispered excitedly.

"What now? It's not uncommon for paintings to talk at this school. The Wall Lady over there, the Wall Gentleman over here, everyone can speak. Portraits can speak because they have a mouth. That's normal, you know?"

Grim stared in shock and in confusion at the portrait, ignoring the fact that Mayumi was having a conversation with the Wall Lady.

"Your eyes are very pretty. They remind me of this special flower that looks like an umbrella. It's really beautiful." The painting of the lady complimented the ravenette who blushed at her honesty. 

"You really think so?"

"Yes! Why would I lie to such a cute girl?" Mayumi giggled with pink cheeks as she thanked the Wall Lady. She isn't used to getting compliments from females (besides her sisters) so often even in her all-girl school, so this is new to her.

"So, who are you two looking for?" the old portrait asked. 

"We're looking for a young male named Ace. He has dark orange hair, red eyes, a heart mark on his face, and is a first-year. Have you seen him, mister?" Mayumi now asked.

"Aah. I know him. He went back to his dorm not too long ago..." The portrait answered. 

"Whaat!!! So he did try to get away! Which way did he go?" Grim demanded, angry that Ace had the guts to ditch him.