RED: Epilogue 1.2, Finale

Recently the voices who spoke to her have not come back. It would probably be a good thing for others but to Mayumi, it was concerning. Two of the voices that spoke to her, she found out, were her sisters from her previous life, Shinobu and Kanae who helped her summon their swords.

And now that they stayed silent.

It upset her.

It kind of made her feel alone.

All alone in her thoughts.

She may have Douma to talk to, but it just wasn't the same when you remember that he killed your last blood remaining family in the past.

It just ruins the whole mood. It's super awkward.

The voices were more warming, comforting, and homey.

'Are they giving me the silent treatment?' She wondered with a frown. Did she do something wrong?

Is it because there might be another demon she didn't exterminate?

Were they disappointed in her?

'Do not worry dear butterfly! Shinobu-san and Kanae-san are back up with the rest of your family. The others have not spoken to let you rest.'

Mayumi perked up when one of the voices enthusiastically yelled at her. She was glad they weren't ignoring her.

'What a relief. I was thinking you guys must have been bored of me or dejected.'

'Never! Your burning soul of passion brings us together!' The voice exclaimed.

Mayumi chuckled, getting a sense of nostalgia just hearing his voice.

It reminded her of a close relative and friend from back home who always put her spirits up.

But the voice also has a sense of a special partner. It was as if he were someone she deeply cared about. Maybe... maybe even loved?

She thought back to her dreams, memories of the past during the Taisho Period.

She was happily engaged to someone. The person was dearly passionate about his love for her. He always showed her off to his brother, friends, and comrades. She remembered how much she loved him.

And how much he loved her.

'Thinking back to something, you sound like someone I know.'

'Do I?'

'Are you related to a Rengoku?'

'Ah! You're catching on dear Mayumi! Yes, I am a Rengoku! Can you pinpoint which one?'

Mayumi hummed, knowing that he definitely wasn't her friend Tojuro, he's still alive and it wasn't his relatives either.

Plus, Tojuro was a reincarnation of...

'Oh!'

Now she knew for a fact who she was talking to.

'Kyojuro.'

'I am Kyojuro Rengoku!'

Mayumi's heart started aching at his voice. She couldn't control it due to the fact that it was because of her past emotions. It just surfaced. This was the guy she wholeheartedly loved!

Mayumi remembers his death, even if she wanted to forget it. She cried when she witnessed his dying wish and burning passion to help everyone.

And because of it, no one died but him. His heart never stopped burning with hope and love.