BURGUNDY: Epilogue 4.1

Interpretation of Mayumi done by sleep_deprived_af

━━━━━

One day, Gyutaro just disappeared.

He left Daki all alone in hell, leaving her to cry to herself every second in agonizing torture, just for him to come back.

Daki couldn't handle it anymore.

So she did something she would have never done as a human nor as a demon. Not even in her death did she even think she would do this.

She prayed.

She prayed to the Gods to help her get her brother back. She prayed every single day in hell for them to do something, to at least let her retrieve him.

In the end, she was able to 'escape' and arrive in the living world.

But for some reason, she was pulled to an unknown place, feeling connected to one single human.

Mayumi Kocho.

Daki followed her, trying to understand why she needed to be with her. That's when she found out Douma was with her. Relieved, she was going to go up to the ravenette and demand for help, but Upper Moon Two changed.

T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶.̶

He wasn't the same.

Douma was obeying Mayumi as if he was some servant of hers. He was loyal to her.

Confused and kind of disgusted, Daki distanced herself and watched in the shadows as she observed Mayumi every day, gathering information about her. When she found out she was a Hashira, Daki momentarily felt the need to kill her, but at the same time, she was concerned.

If a Hashira was there, then perhaps there were more. She couldn't risk facing them without her brother, so she studied Mayumi instead.

The more Daki watched her, the more annoyed she was by her.

Daki just couldn't comprehend how trusting the ravenette was with boys. Didn't she know how illogical that was of her? As the only female in school, wouldn't she be worried about her safety? There were predators in school who would jump her at any moment. And she still trusted them?!

" Mayumi is stupid. "

Because of that, Daki started to dislike her. And don't get her started with Douma. She was disappointed she looked up to him.

But as days went by, the more intrigued Daki was by the ravenette. Her willpower was amusing, her decisions were interesting, and her strength was admirable, not that she would admit that. Every day, she would look forward to Mayumi's little adventures, interested in what she would do next.

However, as days went by she got bored of hiding. She wanted to be out there and show herself. She wanted to explore the new changes in the human world. Why was there magic? What were those little blocks everyone held?

She didn't know, so she started roaming around the school, observing and studying human culture. And it wasn't too bad.

She had learned two phrases she liked to use. First was 'Loser' because no one is cool enough like her brother. The other was 'Cringe' because everything was cringe.

And something that was cringe-worthy was Douma and Mayumi falling for Emnu's blood art.

So Daki seized that opportunity to get their help to find her brother. But she didn't want to ask. That was cringe. 

Instead, she'll help them and make them feel indebted to her. That was her plan, and it kind of worked.

Now, she's working for Mayumi in return for getting her brother back.