BURGUNDY: Epilogue 4.2, Finale

This is how I imagine Douma's little realm.

━━━━━

In the snowy domain that belonged to Upper Moon Two, sat a human and two demons in a temple. They were all enjoying each other's presence as the snow outside softly pitter-pattered onto the ground.

Douma sat in a seiza position behind Daki, combing her long hair while he hummed. The Divine Ice Children (who were only allowed in the domain) sat around the two, curiously watching Douma's hands carefully weave the demon child's hair.

Mayumi listened to the demon's humming, feeling at peace as she tailored a sea-blue kimono for Daki. She made sure to make it look lavish enough to dignify the girl's luxury taste. So the ravenette sewed pearls and carefully designed lace on it to bring out the look of wealth since the girl had her whole life as a demon in riches.

These dreamy moments would occur more often than the three would think. The reason why was because Mayumi still had nightmares. It was mostly of Douma leaving her along with the memories Emnu forced her to relive.

So, Douma would always summon her to his domain.

Because of that, the three have been spending most of their time together every night when Mayumi goes to sleep. Daki may say it was boring, but she never left and always came back.

Her new addition to the 'family' was rather strange for Mayumi since she never expected her to willingly come and help her. Though she's only doing it for her brother, it was still strange she came looking for her and never dared harm the students in school. Either way, the ravenette still welcomed her.

"And, done!"

Grabbing the hand mirror Douma passed her, Daki stared at her reflection, inspecting her new hairdo. Douma used a green ribboned kanzashi to pin her hair into a low side bun while a few strands of her hair fell down beside her face. And to further decorate her hair, Douma placed a small butterfly ornament made of ice on the opposite side of her bun.

Daki's blue eyes shined. She looked pretty.

Well, she always did, but this time she couldn't help but admire herself more than before.

"Daki-chan, you look cute!" Douma happily exclaimed, clapping his hands in pride. The ice children nodded, a few of them giving a thumbs up.

Mayumi looked up from her work and brightly smiled at the girl's appearance, "It fits you perfectly. You look like a princess."

" Hmph. I already know that. My beauty is and always will be just like a princess. " Daki gloated, hiding the small blush on her cheeks.

Chuckling, Mayumi nodded at her words. "Of course, Hime."

The girl puffed her cheek out as she looked away from the ravenette. Instead, she looked at Douma, staring at his long hair to distract herself.

"Now do my hair!"

Scrunching her face, Daki scoffed. " Hell no. "

Douma pretended to pout as he wiped his imaginary tears away from his face. "Daki-chan, you're so mean~" Immediately wiping his act, he turned to the ravenette with a bright closed-eye smile. "Mayu-chan, do my hair then!"

Raising a brow, Mayumi shrugged and grabbed one of the combs Douma had once made with his blood art. "Alright."

Smiling, Douma obediently sat down in front of the ravenette, stars of happiness radiating around him. "Make me pretty!"

Mayumi's face lit with amusement at his comment. She split his hair into two equal parts and started to brush them separately.

Pulling one half of his hair to the side, the ravenette tied it with a red ribbon and repeated the same process to the other side, thus, quickly concluding their hair session.