LAVENDER: Episode 3.9

A/N: Still recovering y'all :')

And I'm in pain. Physically and emotionally. 

I watched Mugen Train on premiere night and lemme tell y'all, the movie did a great job representing the manga. They were able to drain me dry with all the crying I did.

I'm not ready for season 2 or for the rest of the arcs, especially Akaza's backstory and the Sunrise Countdown Arc. 

Anyways! Enjoy a bit of Ruggie love in this chapter.

_______________

The sun is finally up meaning that morning has arrived. And what did that mean? It means that it was time for Ruggie Bucchi to start working as the maid he was for Leona.

The hyena walked over to Leona's room to wake him up like always, something he has been doing since the beginning of his school years. With droopy eyes and slightly hunched over, he quietly yawned to himself as he stood outside the lion's door.

"Man, I wanna go back to my bed." He tiredly mumbled to himself, slightly stretching his arms to wake himself up. Even though he wanted to sleep, he knew he couldn't because not only did he have to wake the lion up, he had to do the laundry, and it was quite a lot.

With a sigh, the hyena opened the door only to see Mayumi already awake, staring quietly at the sky.

She stood by the balcony, still dressed in her comfy nightwear as her hair laid behind her, surprisingly, untangled. The ravenette seemed lost in her thoughts as her eyes looked clouded for a bit.

Ruggie tilted his head, a little surprised Mayumi hadn't noticed his presence. But, he didn't say anything. He just stayed quiet and watched the ravenette, quietly observing the way the sun kissed her features.

He let his eyes trail down her figure, taking notice of how long her raven hair was starting to grow. But the most noticeable thing was how the sky reflected with her fuchsia eyes, showing all kinds of emotions she held inside them.

Noticing how creepy he was being by just watching her, Ruggie cleared his throat, "Good morning." He called out, snapping Mayumi out of her trance.

She looked over at the hyena with surprise, a little flustered with herself by being caught dazing off, "Ah! Good morning Muffin. It's nice to see you. Are you here to wake Kitty up?"

"Uh, yeah. But I'll start with the laundry first." Ruggie groaned, taking notice of the mess of clothes the lion left on the floor. Internally grumbling to himself, the hyena grabbed a laundry basket and started picking up the mess, used to doing these types of things.

"...Seeing you work like this, makes me think of a stay-at-home husband." Mayumi grinned, enjoying the way Ruggie's cheeks bloomed pink. She wasn't sure if he was embarrassed by the comment or irked. Probably both.

"Heh. Then you must be the wife." He retorted with a smirk.

"I was thinking Kitty as the wife, but if you want me to be the wife, I guess I wouldn't mind."

Ruggie frowned as he continued picking up the clothes, ignoring the heat of his cheeks, "You're really not embarrassed to say those things, huh?"

"Do you want me to?"

"...A blush would be nice." He mumbled with a small pout.

Mayumi stiffened, trying to hold back a giggle, "You're going to have to try harder."

She had no idea how serious Ruggie took that challenge. He was going to try hard to make her blush, as some type of revenge for making him flustered.