VIOLET: Episode 5.15

The group was all gathered outside the dressing room, waiting for their turn to be called up on stage.

To say the least, all of them were a bit nervous.

Listening to the group's nerves, Mayumi closed her eyes as she finished reading a note delivered to her by a staff member. Tightly clenching her hands, she stuffed the letter in her pocket, preferring to address the group's concerns than her dark mind.

"Ten minutes until the performance..." Jamil mumbled as he checked the time.

"The production staff should be calling us soon. Let's head over backstage..ugh!" Vil winced, placing a hand on his rib at the sudden sharp pain.

Everyone panicked as they came to Vil's rescue in worry.

"Vil...are you sure you're okay?" Rook asked, his eyes reflecting concern as he held the blonde's shoulder.

"I took some pain medication and covered my scratches with makeup. Don't worry about me." Vil assured, trying to calm them down. He was rather focused on their performance than himself.

"Oui. If you say so" Rook stared at him, reluctant to let go. He knew that if he ushered Vil, he'll only get upset, especially with the limited time they had left.

Mayumi's brows furrowed, her lips tightening at Vil's pitiful display. "Vil, I can still hea–"

"No." He immediately refused, unable to meet the frowning ravenette's eyes. "I can deal with this. I'm fine" He repeated, almost as if trying to convince himself as he ignored the stinging pain.

"Vil!" Epel suddenly called, gaining everyone's attention on him.

Straightening up his posture, Epel looked directly at the blonde with a serious expression. "Um, would you let me take your center place?"

"EH!?"

Everyone's eyes widened at the unexpected request, especially since they were next to perform.

"Epel, what are you saying all of a sudden?!" Ace asked in shock.

"I'm with Ace. Why ask this now right before the performance?" Jamil questioned the lavender boy.

"Wouldn't it be hard for you to take Vil's place?" Grim pitched in, knowing how much they practiced in the original positions. Changing roles all of the sudden could ruin the flow of their dance.

"But Vil can barely stand." Epel pointed out as Vil was indeed holding back a wince of pain.

"You say you want to win, but what if you reach your limit up on stage? I just don't want you to expose your struggles to the audience!" Epel genuinely said, knowing how hard Vil worked to keep an appealing appearance to the public eye. He knew how Vil felt if anyone saw him in any ugly state.

Rook understood his explanation the most as he stared at him with soft eyes. "Monsieur Crabapple..."

"I kept my promise to you by becoming more lovely and stronger since entering this school. I'm not just sweet and cute anymore, I've become the perfect poisoned apple you wanted, right? I'll defeat Neige, so please..."

Vil smirked, quite proud of the first year he taught under his wing. "Hmph. I see you finally understand. But, don't worry." He sighed, staring at everyone with a new determination.

"As long as the spotlight is on me, no matter what happens, I won't leave the stage. I will keep fighting and believing in our victory, I won't give up. That is the villain's pride. So please give me a chance to stand on stage until the very end." He spoke, leaving everyone starstruck.