RED: Episode 1.8

After Deuce's small breakdown about unfertilized eggs, the two teens finally arrived back in the kitchen with the supplies Trey requested. 

"We're back!"

"Finally. That sure took a while." Ace said, curious why it took them so long.

"Let's finish this up." Trey ordered the group, seeing as it was getting dark. He didn't want to make them stay up all night. 

"Okay!" Mayumi tied her hair into pigtails, and put on her apron, ready to bake.

---

After a couple of hours of making and baking, the tarts were set. "Last, we dust the top with powdered sugar." Trey instructed as he and Mayumi added the finishing touches. 

"And there, Mont Blanc!"

"Finished!!" Grim and Ace happily cheered, ready to dig in. 

Deuce on the other hand... "Finished." he slowly mumbled, still affected by what he previously learned.

"Did something happen while you were out shopping?" Ace asked, wanting to know why Deuce was so... sad?

"Nothing much, just shocking news." Mayumi replied with a small smile, remembering the bluenette's screaming about the baby chicks.

"For 16 years I believed that..." he mumbled. 

Ace and Grim raised an eyebrow at his behavior and decided to ignore it.

"Making sweets takes so much time. I'm exhausted." Ace tiredly announced, stretching his arm from all the mixing he did.

"Good work~ Is the tart finished? The decorations are super cute! Of course, not as cute as Yumi-chan!" Cater announced from the kitchen entrance as he winked over at the ravenette. 

She just shyly smiled back. 

"This tart is totally magicamegramable! Let me take a pic." Cater grins as he kept taking pictures of the tart while sneakily taking some of the ravenette.

"Try to say that five times." Mayumi whispered to Trey. 

The dark green-haired teen smirked and accepted the challenge. "Magicamegramable... magicamegramable, magica-magica megramable...." 

The two stared at each other for a second and started chuckling. "Nice try senpai. I'm glad your tongue didn't fall out."

"I don't know how Cater does it." Trey pushed up his glasses, curious how the diamond male was able to say the word so quickly. It was too long. 

"Ah! What'd you come for?" Ace pointed at Cater, not pleased by his presence.

"I came to check on my cute underclassmen, working so hard. Ahaha, you look beat!"

"Things you aren't used to tire you out quick. So when you're tired you need to eat something sweet. Go ahead and try the mont blanc we made." Trey smiled at the underclassmen, letting them finally eat the dessert.

"Yay!"

Grim smiled so wide at finally eating the tart his cheeks started hurting.

"Cater you came here just in time to eat the tart!" Ace said, knowing why he suddenly arrived after they finished.

"You can just think of me as the taste-tester." Cater said with his usual grin.

"Waaahaaa.... It smells so deliciously sweet! The chestnuts on top are glossy while the cream underneath is so fluffy! Let's eat!" Grim rushed quickly to a plate and took a bite along with the rest.