Prologue Four

Mayumi opened her fuschia eyes, realizing it was a new day when she saw the rising sun from the windows. She sat up from her bed, ruffling her black hair, and looked over at the snoring Grim.

She smiled, remembering what happened last night. 

'Well, he took it better than I expected.'

'I don't like him~ He was super annoying with all his questions. He even threatened me with his puny flames' Douma whined.

'Well if you didn't provoke so much he wouldn't have.'

'Mayu-chan~ Why are you taking his side?!'

Mayumi rubbed her eyes to get rid of the sleep and slowly stood up from the bed, even when her body told her to get back. 

To start the day, she went into the bathroom to ready herself for the day. She decided to take a quick shower when she noticed that the water worked and Crewel (bless his soul) provided her with necessities.

After she took her 10 minute shower, she quickly put on a dark purple turtleneck sweatshirt and perfectly fitting black pants. She proceeded to do her hair just like how her big sister Kanako would every morning for her. 

Yes, she could do her hair on her own, but she loved when her sister would do it because it was something the two always bonded over.

Mayumi sadly signed after she finished styling her hair to replicate her sisters. She grabbed the two butterfly clips and pinned each one on both sides of her head, Kanae's on the left, and Shinobu's on the right. 

She stared at herself for a couple of minutes, feeling close to her family with the clips, and softly sighed. She was getting gloomy now. 

The ravenette shook her head to get rid of her sadness and walked out of the bathroom to prepare breakfast.

"Hihihi...Why are you so sad?" Mayumi quickly turned to face the three ghosts from last night, staring at her, puzzled.

"Um... Good morning?" she said unsure how to deal with this. They were probably here to curse her or something. 

"I didn't think you two would come back after what Grim and I did yesterday." Mayumi rubbed her neck in embarrassment since technically this dorm was the home of the three ghosts.

"Speaking about yesterday, I wanted to apologize for our actions against you three. We didn't know you all resided here and we basically kicked you out which was really disrespectful, so I'm sorry." she bowed.

The three ghosts glanced over at each other, signaling something, then back to the girl. "We also wanted to apologize." The big ghost stated. 

Mayumi gasped, taken back by his words. Were they not mad about being burned last night? Because Mayumi sure would be.

"We heard from the other ghosts roaming around the school that you're from another world, and had no way back with nothing of value with you." the skinny ghost spoke.

"You also cleaned up the dorm quite nicely." the small one said.

"We're sorry for disturbing you and your raccoon last night and not noticing your situation."

Mayumi stared at the three ghosts in complete surprise. It wasn't every day a ghost would come and apologize for their behavior. 

The ravenette smiled back at them and bowed in respect. "It's all right. We both didn't know of our situation so we're even." The ghosts nodded and smiled.

Mayumi clapped her hands together, moving on. "Since we'll be living together, I will properly introduce myself. My name is Mayumi Kocho and the sleeping cat is my companion, Grim." she smiled. "We'll be roommates now!"