VIOLET: Episode 5.4

3 days went by quicker than expected thus the auditions were just about to begin.

Mayumi was stationed by Pomefiore's lounge, observing the growing crowd coming in. She held a clipboard with all participants' names while making sure the room was tamed and calm. She could see the room mixed with anxiousness, excitement, and confidence.

As she looked around, she immediately spotted Ace, Deuce, and Grim talking to Cater as they were observing various people in the room. The ravenette wanted to giggle, seeing their small nervous but excited expressions.

"Studying the competition I see." Mayumi smiled as she walked up to them, quickly catching the group's attention.

"Yumi-chan! Long time no see!" Cater waved to the girl with a wide grin, his mood brightening up more than before. "I'm showing them how carefree everyone in here is. Don't you agree?"

"Yeah. Most of the upperclassmen don't even seem nervous." Mayumi said as she noted Ruggie humming to himself in the background.

"Right! Oh, are you auditioning as well?" The diamond male curiously asked.

"No. I've been assigned the role of manager for the upcoming group. So if you're chosen, we'll see more of each other." The ravenette winked.

"Wait for me then, Yumi-chan!" Cater smiled, clenching his phone in determination. He hoped he got in.

"We'll see then." Mayumi giggled, making the bubbly male's smile widen.

"Oooh, Cater. You came as well?" The upside-down figure of Lilia appeared between them, scaring Ace, Deuce, and Grim.

"WAAAH!"

It seems they've all been getting spooked this past week.

Lilia chuckled at the group's reaction, very amused. "Pretty good reactions. Everyone from Heartslabyul is so lively."

Cater sighed at his clubmate's antics. "Geez, Lilia-chan. It's because you go out of your way to scare people. Stapp~"

"Lilia! Good to see you." Mayumi smiled at the male who now stood beside the group.

Lilia chuckled as he wore a toothy grin. "Likewise. Your exclusive delivery boy is here! You've been faring well, yes?"

The ravenette slightly smiled in response. "I'm doing decent enough."

"Oh, you're the one who gave her the mysterious holiday card." Grim pointed out, remembering seeing a bit of his appearance when they returned from Scarabia.

"I do believe that my initials and that of the card are very different." Lilia said, confusing the little monster.

"He just delivered it. Someone else sent it." Mayumi explained, still confusing the cat. Before he could ask who, he was interrupted.

"Lilia-chan, are you trying your luck at the VDC audition too?" Cater asked the male.

The vamp man nodded, "Mhm. As a member of the light music club, I can't ignore a festival centered around music. I tried inviting Malleus as well, but he didn't want to stand out in front of a bunch of humans. He's a lot more shy than he looks."

Cater sweatdropped at his words. "Hmm, I don't know if shy is the right word for that....you're pretty brave for inviting Malleus to the audition."

Lilia only smiled at his comment. "It's an event for all students. I thought it would be a good challenge for him to do so he can participate in school activities. Didn't you invite your friend Trey?"

"I did and I got rejected. Apparently, he's got his hands full helping Riddle with all the administration stuff for the festival." Cater pouted.

"Oh, I see."