BURGUNDY: Episode 4.4

Once Mayumi had returned for Grim and Obanai, the three Scarabia students showed them their guest room with decency. They hoped the ravenette wouldn't be in discomfort considering what she had to witness from their dorm leader.

"Here's your room, Miss. Please enjoy your stay."

"You don't have to call me Miss. I'm also a student." Mayumi sweatdropped.

"O-Okay. Have a good rest! Goodnight!" And with that, the student quickly closed the door and rushed out, probably shy.

Immediately as the door closed, Grim faced the ravenette with a glare. "Uuuuuugghhhhh! Why'd you agree!? I told you to walk away! Why do you love getting involved in crap like this!? Scarabia needs to solve their own problems on their own." He lectured, pissed that they're stuck yet again in another problem.

'All facts.'

Mayumi bowed her head in the form of an apology, knowing how he felt. "I'm sorry, Grim. But this was the only way to figure out a way to help them out."

'And you.'

Grim loudly sighed, frowning at the girl, "You're always a soft-hearted sucker. No surprise there. Though sometimes....you're scary." He quietly mumbled. "Anyway! I'm not getting wrapped up in another dorm's problems again. Let's sneak outta here and get back to Ramshackle."

"Ah! The ghosts! I need to explain to them our absence." Mayumi gasped. She quickly summoned one of the divine ice children (who had returned) to help her out. "Please head over to Ramshackle and tell the ghosts that were in a sticky situation. Tell them not to worry and to please give the fire faes wood. We'll be back to bake cookies, okay?"

The ice child nodded and disappeared into small snowflakes.

"Hey! We can use your weird ice kids to escape!" Grim cheerfully said, expecting the ravenette to agree, but to his dismay, the girl gave him a sullen look.

"No Grim. I'm going to stay. I have to fix a serious problem here." Mayumi said, giving the raccoon cat a sad smile. "I know how much you want to escape but...I can't. Not yet that is."

"Huh? Why?" Grim exclaimed, giving the girl a look of disbelief. He was starting to believe the girl just loved to get into difficult situations.

Mayumi hesitated to answer. Should she tell him? If she did, would the situation worsen? Would he freak out?

"...Someone from this dorm took my butterflies and is threatening me at the moment. Because of that, I cannot leave."

"W-What!?" Grim yelped, "Can't you summon them back or something?"

The ravenette dejectedly shook her head. She had sung Shinobu's tune on the way back, hoping that the butterfly would come to her, but it never did. It was almost like something was preventing it from appearing. "Sadly, not anymore."

"W-We need to tell someone! Is that why you left with Jamil? Did you tell him?"

Mayumi bit her tongue. She can't lie and say yes, so she chose to dodge the question. "The point is, I cannot ignore this threat and let them conquer me. That is why I'm staying. But I can still help you escape instead."

Grim titled his head, thinking to himself about the opportunity of leaving. Before winter break started, he remembered how weak Mayumi was after the Octavinelle incident. She was injured from the neck and fell sick afterward from all the pressure she's been experiencing.

He hated seeing her like that and the constant smiles she gave to make others forget about her problems was gut-wrenching. So, Grim decided to make sure the ravenette was relieved from all those troubles by providing some type of comfort, especially after losing her precious butterflies.