VIOLET: Episode 5.7

The next morning, Mayumi awoke to the sunrise...

And Grim clinging onto her with tears in his eyes. His weeping eyes looked up at her as he pouted.

"My back hurts from laying on the floor all night!" He complained.

"Awww." Mayumi frowned, patting the cat's head as he leaned closer to her touch, thinking he won the girl's pity. "That's not really my fault, Grim."

The cat fell back from her response. "Ffgna! Rude!"

Getting up from the bed, Mayumi went into the bathroom, doing her usual morning routine and putting on her clothes with no biggie.

Then, someone knocked on the door. Before Mayumi could answer, the door was opened, revealing the ever-so passionate huntsman. Good thing she changed in the restroom.

"Bonjour! What a brisk and refreshing morning. Starting today, we'll be having morning practice in the Pomefiore ballroom." Rook announced with a wide smile.

Hearing him, Grim's aura went gloomy, not wanting to deal with Vil again. But if he wants his canned tuna treasure, he'll have to deal with it.

Mayumi nodded as she grabbed Grim from the bed. "Thank you for informing us. I'll head out with the others."

Rook continued to smile, observing the ravenette walk by him, remembering what he saw last night.

"Wisteria? How intriguing."

A vial of the purple liquid could cause such a reaction to the ravenette? His question was how did that weakness of hers was found? He was curious to know.

-------

One by one, the boys head to the Pomefiore Ballroom in their gym clothes with Mayumi accompanying the duo.

"Last night was rough.." Deuce lamented with a stiff back.

'That's what she said.'

Mayumi coughed, covering up her giggle.

"My whole body hurts after laying on the hard floor all night." Ace murmured, still in pain.

"Why'd I have to deal with that even though I'm not part of the performance?" Grim complained, arching his back to get rid of the back pain.

Mayumi shook her head, patting the cat's head. "That may be true, but we're their host for the remaining four weeks so we have to support them, even if it means following their rules."

"Ugh." Grim grumbled, crossing his small over his chest.

Epel looked at them with furrowed brows, showing concern. "Are you all okay?"

Kalim grinned over at them, just arriving in the ballroom with Jamil following behind. "Oh, everyone's here. Good morning!"

Jamil frowned at them, his hand placed on his hips. "I jumped out of bed last night because I thought all that noise was an enemy attack. You sure know how to rile people up. When I went to see what was happening, you were all lying on the ground."

"It's not like we chose to sleep on the floor! It was because of Vil's unique magic." Ace yelled, defending himself from Jamil's criticism.

"Vil's unique magic?" Jamil repeated, now curious about it.

"Yeah. It's this scary magic that lets him put a curse on food!" Grim angrily said, fear lingering in his eyes at the memory.

"Curse food!?" Kalim uttered, shocked.

"Now, I'm gonna be worried that anything I put in my mouth could be cursed until the VDC is over. He's got me on edge." Grim shuddered.

Kalim's shoulders dropped as a worried expression made its way to his face. "I can detect pretty much any kind of poison, but even I wouldn't notice if food is cursed."