LAVENDER: Epilogue 3.1

Things were somewhat normal in Night Raven College.

That is if you count the Headmaster's complaints as a normal occurrence.

Crowley wore a frown as he watched a couple of workers install a playground beside Ramshackle's garden. It was obvious as to why he wore such an expression in public. Anyone could see the sadness looming over the Headmaster but no one bothered to comment on it in fear that he would start wailing. He glanced down at his bank account on his phone which only made his mood gloomier seeing his numbers started decreasing.

"...this is fine. I'm gracious.." He would mutter to himself.

Beside him stood a certain ravenette, ignoring the Headmaster as she watched the playground being installed with a bright smile. It consisted of multiple slides, a climber playset, a merry-go-round, four swings, and a seesaw. Overall, it was a place children would love to go and play. Mayumi was excited to see how the divine ice children would react to the playground.

Grim curiously watched another set of workers filling up the newly built pond by the dorm's cherry blossom tree. A white duck and her yellow ducklings quacked, seeming excited to have a new place to call home.

"Well, now that you've fulfilled two of my requests, when will I get my raise?" Mayumi turned to look at the headmaster but was met with disappointment when she saw that he had already disappeared.

"Good grief."

"Your playset is all set! Enjoy it, young lady!" One of the workers announced, making the ravenette momentarily forget about the Headmaster.

"Oh! Thank you!" Just as the workers left, Mayumi summoned the Divine Ice Children who all focused on the playground with wonder. They looked over at the ravenette, tilting their heads with questions filling their heads.

"It's for you guys! Why don't you all try it out!" The ice kids ran over to the slides and monkey bars while the ravenette went to the swing set since those were her favorite part of the playground. Sitting down on one of the swings, the ravenette started gaining momentum by swinging her legs back and forth, moving with the swing.

As she got higher, the raccoon cat stared in awe, "Hey! I wanna try!" Grim grinned as he jumped on the girl's lap. Grim liked the way the wind felt as he went up and down, so he ordered the girl to go higher than before.

Mayumi did as told and started reaching the top to the point that she started to float slightly away from her seat. Because of this, Grim was starting to feel queasy.

"S-Stop!" Grim clutched onto the ravenette's shirt, warily staring at the ground each time they got closer to it.

'Wasn't he the one who asked to go higher?'

Mayumi stopped swinging, staring worriedly at Grim's sickly face.

Before she could question it, the sound of laughter and glee took the girl's attention away from Grim. Mayumi turned in the direction of the sound and gasped.

There, she saw Floyd swinging upside down from the monkey bars with one of the ice kids clinging to his back like a koala.

"F-Floyd! Be careful!" Mayumi was about to stop the twin, but once she looked at the ice kid's big smile, she couldn't bring herself to do so.

"Out of all things you could have asked for...you ask for this?" Azul questioned, announcing his presence as he sat down on the swing next to the ravenette.

"I don't see a problem with that. The play equipment I chose is of top quality. Don't you think so?" Mayumi smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.