RED: Episode 1.13

"Riddle!"

Riddle gasped out for air, immediately sitting up and gripping his chest. He looked around his surroundings, spotting Trey, Cater, Ace, Deuce, and Grim looming over him, but no Mayumi. 

He furrowed his brows, dejected. He wanted to see her after what he just experienced.

"Are you looking for me?" 

Riddle's attention turned to the ravenette behind him, who he was leaning against for support. His eyes shined with joy and awe. 

Back when he was unconscious, the girl was able to comfort him with such care it just deeply touched him after not receiving it since a young age. That new emotion brought amazement and respect towards the smiling ravenette. "Mayumi.."

"Huuh, his eyes opened!" Ace announced, not so pleased.

"For real, we were agonizing whether you'd wake up or not..." Cater sighed, worried over the redhead.

Riddle's eye watered as he witnessed the mess he created. He saw how battered up the group was and it made him feel horrible. "Wha... did..I..?"

"I'm so glad. He came back to his senses." Crowley smiles, glad a student didn't die on him.

"There's no need to think about it now. Just sleep." Trey advised the red-headed leader, trying to push all the mess that happened behind them.

Ace scowled at Trey's suggestion. "Uuugh, of course he goes berserk after getting a little mad if you're coddling him all the time! The garden is a disaster and we were in big trouble! Especially Yumi. She could have-"

"It was a crazy situation." Deuce interrupted Ace, stopping him from saying any more. 

Ace glared at him while Deuce gave him a pointed look. "Now is not the time."

"Seriously. Bottling up all your stress isn't admirable." Grim muttered with his arms crossed.

Riddle looked down with a frown, thinking back of the recent events. The regret was coming back to him. ".....I... really wanted to eat that mont blanc."

"What?"

"The roses are fine white, and the flamingos are fine being pink. I like putting honey in my tea more than sugar cubes and I like milk tea more than lemon tea. I want to chat with everyone while we eat..." Mayumi rubbed Riddle's back, letting him know it was okay to continue. She was glad he was opening up.

"Riddle..?" Trey stared at Riddle in shock. 

"I wanted to spend more time with Trey and everyone else..." Riddle started to full-on sob as he clenched Mayumi's uniform, crying on her shoulder. Mayumi softly rubbed his back as he released all his bottled-up emotions. It was better than holding it in.

"I can't believe... that Riddle is sobbing like a baby..." Cater mumbled with wide eyes as he watched Riddle clung to the ravenette like a child.

"Stop that! You're not forgiven just because you're crying!" Ace yelled, interrupting the sad moment.

Mayumi glared at him, irritated with his lack of empathy.

"What!? Stop glaring at me!" Ace shouted at Mayumi with a scowl. "Was I not the one who suffered! What happened to helping me!?" 

The ravenette rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him. "You sound so lame right now." 

Ace's eye started to twitch in annoyance at Mayumi's comment.

"You really refuse to read the mood..." Deuce sighed, shaking his head at Ace's behavior.

Heart boy ignored them and crossed his arms instead as he frowned at everyone.